Sound issues...

Discussion in 'Support!' started by dangel666, June 29, 2016.

1. dangel666

dangel666 New Member

Guys I'm playing the game after a while and it's a mess sound wise for me.

I'm running Windows 10 and using onboard sound on a Maximus Formula VII (ASUS) and have no problems in any other game. Symptoms:

1. Enabling in PIP has a 1/10 chance of killing sound entirely (quit game, start again)
    2. Sounds don't play at all (just missing) but some do..
    3. Sounds arrive 'late' - the computer announces something being ready long after it was
    4. I'm getting stuttering (as in framerate killing) very occasionally too - may or may not be related.

This really impacts the game since you don't hear minor things like oh.. 'nuclear launch' etc. :)

I've grabbed the FMOD files from another thread but I don't know if this predates the community update which claims to have fixed FMOD issues on Windows 10.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, the ones you grabbed are the same (or possible older) than the ones currently in the game. Can you post a DxDiag.txt as well as a PA log from a session where your sound gets killed off entirely? For how to get those files, see: https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Windows#Reporting_Windows_Issues
  3. dangel666

dangel666 New Member

One dxdiag.txt on it's way...

Attached Files:

4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Thanks! Well audio drivers seem to be ok. They are the latest version too.

So the first thing I would try is checking the list of known incompatible software: https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Windows_Incompatible_Software
    Also try the clean boot option at the end of that list.
  5. dangel666

dangel666 New Member

Here's a log from a game I just played where at one point I clicked on the PIP button and boom, the sound popped out entirely.

I can check with a clean boot next time I play but it's now 00:30 so sleep time ;)

Thanks!

Attached Files: