Soo, all you custom commander backers...

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by sporemaster18, March 26, 2014.

1. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

• All you custom commander backers, what would it take for me to get on your list of top 5 friends who play PA? (Idk how to remove the bullet point from this first part)
    • I could get down on my knees and beg (Unlimited)
    • Ask nicely (Unlimited)
    • Shower you with praise for the next 5 years (5/5 Remaining)
    • Play a few games with you (10/10 Remaining)
    • Hopefully make you laugh with a few of these (Unlimited)
    • Assist in a bank robbery (2/2 Remaining)
    • Be your slave for the next 20 years (1/1 Remaining)
    • Scratch your back with a really long back-scratcher (5/5 Remaining)
    • Remove someone you don't like (2/2 Remaining)
    • Write a program for you in a few years once I learn how to program (2/2 Remaining)
    • DESTROY FACEBOOK FOR BUYING OCULUS (Unlimited)
    • Tell a your mom joke (20/20 Remaining)
    • Remember how to use MSPaint so I can combine two Pokemon for you like in my icon (5/5 Remaining)
    • Start a business selling illegal drugs (1/1 Remaining)
    • Tip a cow (5/5 Remaining)
    • Show you a picture of one of my awesome and adorable dogs (Unlimited)
    • Eat a cake in your honor (5/5 Remaining)
    • Give you pro tips on how to be meh at PA (5/5 Remaining)
    • You may pick one of these or create your own! YOU WILL GIVE ME A CUSTOM COMMANDER YOU WILL GIVE ME A CUSTOM COMMANDER YOU WILL GIVE ME A CUSTOM COMMANDER YOU WILL GIVE ME A CUSTOM COMMANDER YOU WILL GIVE ME A CUSTOM COMMANDER please... Look deeply into this image and think about it:
    • [​IMG]
    • Thank you for your time.
    • Edit: By the way, I know the coms aren't out, I'm just asking for a promise.
    Last edited: March 26, 2014
  2. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

3. spicyquesidilla

spicyquesidilla Active Member

If I had a custom commander I'd give it too you. But sadly I do not... +1 for enjoying the post.
    Make sure to post a picture of the commander if you get one!
  4. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

Error 404 - Custom Commander key not found
  5. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

Damnit! It must be in there somewhere... keep searching!
  6. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

I think I left it on the other moon... *moon smashing into a planet* Oh, ummmm, never-mind :p
  7. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Murcanic and ArchieBuld like this.
  8. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

I imagine you could still get one if you shell out the extra $...
  9. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

Actually, no, you can't. The highest tier right now is Cosmic Limited (Which I plan on getting), and it comes with:
    COSMIC LIMITED EDITION
    • [​IMG] Game Key
    As you can see, no Custom Commander. Kickstarter exclusive only. Thus, my wish to get one of the 5 codes they get to give the commander to their friends.
  10. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

I see!
  11. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Well, There is one way you can get a Custom Commander in PA without being a backer....

Pay someone to make ya one :p Modding/Modelling a new Commander once the game is outta the Gamma stage, and theres a proper importer/Exporter for 3D Studio Max, wont be too hard at all :3
  12. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

But, then other people won't be able to see it! And modding something like that just doesn't seem... right.
  13. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Why wouldnt other people be able to see it?
  14. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

How could they? They won't have the client side textures and I doubt the servers would send them.
  15. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Actually, I (and probably the other modders too) was thinking of making a sort of global custom commander mod once the right hooks and tools have been released. There would be a central community-run server that would store the commands you've made or payed someone else to make. Then whenever you play with one of those commanders your opponents would see the com too as long as they had the mod.
    shadowtagg likes this.
  16. LetsOne

LetsOne Active Member

This sort thing worked for a minecraft mod . If you donated you a special cape that all other users of the mod could see. Worked as it was a big mod (optifine for thoughs that are wondering). Works best if you piggy back off another popular mod.
  17. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

I'm not quite sure how that would work? Wouldn't you have to reskin a commander that is already in the game? Or is what commander you pick not checked by the servers?
  18. sporemaster18

sporemaster18 Member

Yes Optifine did that, but then Minecraft servers aren't run by Mojang and something like that is pretty much entirely client side, but maybe this is too and I just don't know what I'm talking about (Which is quite likely).
  19. LetsOne

LetsOne Active Member

Well I assume the models for the moded custom commands will be hosted on an other server then fed to clients when it recognises a commander with the custom moded model then display it.
    shadowtagg likes this.
  20. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Well I'd basically set it up like this:
    1. User selects two commanders, one default stock one in the stock armory and one through the mod. The mod then sends that custom commander setting and the player's username to the mod's server.
    2. When a player using the mod joins a game the mod checks the mod's server to see if anyone playing in that game has a custom commander set and downloads it into a temp folder.
    3. The downloaded commanders are then used for the players who selected them and anyone without the mod just sees the stock commander they selected since the official Uber server is none the wiser.
    (This will probably end up changing but that's just what seems like the best way to me for now.)
    shadowtagg likes this.