Something I noticed about assault bombjumping

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Vleessjuu, January 28, 2011.

1. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Did anyone else notice that if you bombjump with the assault and activate the jetpack when you're up really high, the jetpack seems to drain very fast. Is there some sort of ceiling where you're not allowed to fly or something? Also, if you charge jetpack while you're that high up, it seems you get "pushed" down.

For new players I'll give a short explanation about bombjumping:
    1: Place bomb near your feet. It doesn't really matter what lvl your bomb skill is.
    2: Jump and detonate the bomb a fraction of a second after the jump.
    3: Fly halfway across the map.

You'll be hurt, of course. But even a lvl 3 bomb will hurt you for just about half you hp bar if you have no armour.

Anyway, I decided to make this topic because I recently found out how awesome bombjumping is. So this topic is about pulling off weird stuff by blowing yourself across the map. There was no topic about it in this section, so I thought it would be nice to start one.
  2. CrancK

CrancK New Member

yes indeed, theres a height limit, if you go above it, fly will drain like hell,
    so always make sure you only start flying once your below the top of a wall/spawn

also, above some buildings you get burnt

btw, anyone been able to get up top steelpeel with bombjump yet?
    i always seem to get stuck on the side or slide off :S
  3. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

All sorts of shenanigans were happening as a result of bomb jumping back in the day, particularly on top of Bot spawners and the main spawn. So, after a certain height, your skills drain very quickly indeed.
  4. Oscar

Oscar New Member

I am using bombjumps very often :D,it makes me feel pro :D
  5. Statement

Statement New Member

I mostly bomb jump from my spawn to the enemy spawn on grenade 3, especially during overtime. I havn't found many other particularly useful bomb jumps.
  6. Mail

Mail New Member

I generally only bomb jump when I don't expect to find enemies on the other end, so it only happens when we've got the middle under control. It's really fun, though :lol:
  7. CrancK

CrancK New Member

butbut,

you can use bombjumping for nearly anything!

-escaping
    -getting up without buying jumppad
    -saving yourself from being knocked out of ring(bit hard though, only happened to me by chance, but still)
    -jumping to enemy moneyball/wherever really

i mean, a lvl3 bombjump can pretty much get you anywhere on any map except steel peel
  8. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

I found it really useful for jumping towards the back of a base to kill longshots. Especially on grenade, you can sometimes just bypass the whole enemy team and start wrecking if for some reason the team's assassin isn't doing her work.
  9. Q_Q

Q_Q New Member

Mildly off topic, but I feel they have really thought through their maps. I frequently try to see my limits with smoke bomb on the assassin, and liked that they put a perma flamethrower on the highest buildings. So it would make sense they thought about bomb jumping and capped it as well.
  10. Future Tense

Future Tense New Member

Solid suggestion. I'll give this a try. I loathe hovering to the edge and missing it by what seems to be inches.
  11. tinygod

tinygod New Member

how is that supposed to work.

you are in the air off ledge, toss it down and detonate as fast as you can?
  12. Future Tense

Future Tense New Member

It depends where you are, of course, but you can toss it on the platform somewhere below you. It's entirely conditional, but could be useful sometimes.
  13. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

works well when you've been knocked off the edge and activate your hover just a bit to late so you drop below the edge. throw a bomb a bit below you on the wall and trigger it. This will launch you upwards and away so make sure you have enough jets left to make it.