some reviews

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by tatsujb, August 24, 2015.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

2. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

They don't really want to review it thoroughly do they...

Only good article is from PC Gamer, the article of RTS feels messy and negative while the rest is just a short update.
  3. Elate

Elate Active Member

From what I've read the PC gamer article doesn't have a score and so isn't considered an "actual" article. Some people are also questioning the integrity of that review.

Personally though, I never trust any major publications for reviews. They're too easy to bribe with advertising money. You want an honest review, check youtube.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Pretty sure Uber doesn't have money for that :) But yeah in general reviews aren't that helpful usually. Imho not even youtube or the like. Too much subjectivity.
    cwarner7264 and Nicb1 like this.
  5. Elate

Elate Active Member

Oh, no, not suggesting Uber has done that, just that is the reason I don't trust major review companies anymore. They cannot afford to not be bias.

I dunno, most of the youtube videos I've seen for Titans have been pretty good. Touched on the whole drama, EA stuff, most are critical of Uber for that, but continue to say how good the game is, even if they think it should have been in the base game.

And I don't think anyone is denying that Titans is good. Just, y'know, the situation surrounding it.
  6. cola_colin

Not making any judgement on how youtube sees titans. I just generally don't actually trust any reviewers to know what I might like or not.
  7. Elate

Elate Active Member

Eh that's also why I like youtube. I can see what they're reviewing. I can judge it for myself. Lets plays are some of the best reviews out there in my eyes.
    cdrkf likes this.
  8. tatsujb

i wouldn't have ever tried a bunch of games if it wasn't for the youtube hype :

• rocket league
    • portal
    • miror's edge
    • minecraft
    • KSP
    • space engineers

the list goes on and on
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

10. Elate

Elate Active Member

I was playing Minecraft and KSP before the public was even aware.
    Get on my hipster level.

Space Engineers and From The Depths have been two purchases made due to Youtube hype though.
  11. cola_colin

I still haven't played those.
  12. Elate

Elate Active Member

Minecraft is kinda boring without extensive mods, and then it becomes grindy as hell. The sad truth is, there are just better alternatives now.

KSP is amazing, especially with mods, that game has taught me a lot.
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. tatsujb

you need to try KSP at least once in your life man.

take it as a recommendation that I'd give to anyone. that game is fukin amazing
    Elate likes this.
  14. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I think vanilla mine craft is fun as hell until... You get all set up, then there's nothing to do but farm, hunt, etc... It's like life but you can't fast the food so no reward. ;-,
    Elate likes this.
  15. tatsujb

hell i'd never even discovered SupCom if it wasn't for the youtube hype and then I wouldn't have ever heard about the PA KS because I wouldn't have been reading the FAF main chat ......... ..... ....... .... .. ... . .. . .. .. . . .. .. . . . . . . .

....speakin of which! :) /s
  16. Elate

Elate Active Member

Man.. I discovered SupCom from a gaming magazine back in the day.. Those were the times.
    tatsujb likes this.
  17. tatsujb

you mean like CanardPC ? : D : D : D
    [​IMG]
    proud to say my clan : the BPT were like cats and dogs with the canardPC gaming clan. the biggest gaming clan in france of the time and BPT the second biggest

I actually have a stock of old magazines some of which explain Kossacs II and such and I have the whole strategy book for Homeworld
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. cola_colin

I discovered it in TV. Seriously a small tv station had a gaming something show and they showed the demo a few days before release. I was quite surprised. The next day I downloaded the demo and on release day I threw money at them.
  19. tatsujb

@cola_colin seriously speaking though, where are we at with the propaganda campaign to get global chat in?

could you move the magic thread to this forum like the questions chat log?
  20. Elate

Elate Active Member

Aye though not that magazine exactly. I think it may have even been PC gamer?