Some little new Ideas for PA

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cody8598, September 18, 2014.

?

Would you like to see some of my ideas in the game?

1. Yes the Annihilaser features

25.9%
  2. Yes the Weather features

33.3%
  3. Just some of the Annihalaser features

7.4%
  4. Just some of the Weather features

11.1%
  5. None of them

48.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cody8598

cody8598 New Member

In all the time playing Planetary Annihilation I felt like something is missing some more Stuff and Improvements to the game. Don't get me wrong and think that I don't like the game , I really like it it's one of the best games I have ever played.

But now to my ideas
    --Annihilaser--
    -PLEASE add some reload time for the Laser it's kinda Over Powerd without reload Time/costs
    -If a planet has been blown up near another planet you could add some Meteorites wich are coming down on the near planet with a varying blast radius varying from the blast radius of a Laser platform to the quarter blast radius of a nuke
    -The Meteorites can be destroyed by Anti-Nukes
    -If planets are in a line and on is blown up by the Laser the one behind or in front of it should be blown up too

--WEATHER ON PLANETS--
    -A Weather system on Earth , Tropical and desert planets : On planets could be clouds wich decreases the attack range of air units 5-10%
    -Thunderstorm/rain clouds wich are decreasing the attack range of air units 10-20% and the attack range of ground units 5-10%
    -On Earth like planets there's always the same chance for the Weather to appear
    -On Tropical planets it's more likely to rain
    -On Desert Planets there are only some clouds an it's raining very rarely

Those Features would add a bit more deepness to how the combat works

And also I'm sorry for my english , I'm not a native english speaker.
    I also hope you like those Ideas
    m1dnightmoose and ignitus26 like this.
  2. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

Weather is a confirmed no, @brianpurkiss, could you provide the links to the appropriate threads?

Second, I'm one of the ones who believe the Annihilasor should stay OP, as its function is to end the game for good. I hate stalemates, and it is way to easy to force a stalemate in a multi planet system.

And once someone has the ability to fire the lasor once, there's pretty much nothing you can do to stop it. Because if you are unable to prevent them from getting control, how do you expect to stop them from firing?

And id rather see the game end quickly once that thing starts firing, rather than be forced to wait for my inevitable destruction.
    philoscience likes this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

It's been way too long, I don't really want to find them.

But, random events that deal damage are bad. Losing the game because of an unavoidable thunderstorm is bad. Or, if the range changes then the game is no longer WYSIWYG. I can look at a tank and know about how much range it has. If the ranges constantly change then I no longer know how long of a range units should have.

There ware better way to fix the issue of orbital stalemates than an instawin weapon.
  4. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

*cough* the unit cannon *cough* I mean really the isnta win button is kinda dumb :L But still damn awesome lol
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Well it doesn't need to be a weapon that disintegrates a whole solar system, often, you only need to shoot one planet to win.

So really, some balancing factor between shots would be really, really nice.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

sorry to poop your party but it isn't.
  7. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Weather is a no, the laser being successfully built and control should be a game ender as it is now.

On the topic of this stupid 'insta-win' chant going around. It's not an instawin button at all. I've never played a single metal planet match that didn't involve extensive back and forth battles for control of the laser. Except the ones I forgot there was a laser. 'Insta-win' button doesn't apply to pouring over a million metal into a feature that takes up half the side of a planet. The firing of the laser itself is only the completion of the win condition which is a king of the hill battle for control of the planet, and begins from 0:01 of the match beginning until the laser is fired or destroyed. This will not stop people from saying 'insta-win button' at every possible juncture however because on this forum we like to make up phrases and then liberally mis-apply them as fits our various agenda of the moment.

That is all.
  8. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

I agree the Annihilaser should remain a game ender, but it's way to OP. Each shot (including the first) should require a charge period, the laser could be fired at any point but with scalable results.
  9. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I don't want weather in the game. Not tried the annihilaser yet so can't comment but by all accounts it is so expensive to build that it might as well be the ultimate game-ender!
  10. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

This game revolves around factions who have the technology to teleport instantly from one location to another, or to launch a moon across the solar system. They're almost certainly advanced enough to be able to control the weather, and *definitely* advanced enough to be immune to it.

If you're talking about weather on a purely cosmetic level then yeah, that'd be nice. That's using up CPU power though, which would be much better utilised on features which actually should affect gameplay (like better planet generation).

As to the annihilaser, that takes a ton of eco and time to build. If your opponents haven't done enough to prevent you from getting it operational then they've already lost; at best they can turtle into a stalemate. Better to leave it as is and finish the game quickly at this point.
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The technology to employ such weapons however not not worthwhile to bother with compared to conventional weapons.
  12. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

Thats a good point. I'd be frankly disappointed in my super advanced war machines if something as ephemeral as rain obscures their vision, given they can probably use the entire EM spectrum for info-gathering :p

I do like the idea of it as a purely cosmetic thing.