Some gameplay questions / tactics

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jorisk, October 14, 2013.

1. jorisk

jorisk Member

Hi all,

Played the game for 10 hours now and I have to say things look promising. I do have some questions when it comes to gameplay/tactics:

1) I played FFA 4 players and after killing two players i found out the 3rd one moved to the other planet. What is the best way of attacking it? I tried to move my construction units to his planet but he kept destorying them, i simply had no chance of building on his planet.

2) When i want to switch planet i have to press '.' twice to enter the solar system, then select the planet and after that zoom all the way in. Imho this is quite complex/time consuming. Is there another way of switching fast between planets?

3) Is there a way to teleport units to the other planet?

4) Is there a manual that explains what each building does?
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

1) Interplanetary isn't completed yet. To that end, it's currently bloody difficult to invade a well defended planet.

2) Again, this is still very basic. A proper galactic overview is en-route I believe

3) Not yet, but there will be

4) Not yet, because things are changing constantly. Your best bet is to experiment or talk to experienced players :)
  3. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

Use the comma key. This will cycle through all bodys in space. Its not perfect, but better then zooming out and in ;)
  4. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

The closest thing would be this http://pamatches.com/wiki/

You should also have a look at some of the matches on that website, its a great way to learn how to play the game without developing bad habits.
  5. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

1) I think that you should made a Slammer and Drop in the enemy planet, then micro it.
  6. dud10982

dud10982 New Member

Eventually shouldn't they have a unit cannon to can shoot not only across one planet but multiple? If so, then that should solve your planet lockdown issue, you just gotta wait for it.
  7. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Click the links in my sig.
    I'm trying to compile all the concerns and suggestions the community has with the UI.
    There is already a "planet key" suggested which should solve this issue for you.
    Uber has yet to respond, but I want us, the community to be geared and prepared the moment they are.