[SOLVED] Getting stuck on loading fights - "ACCESSING WORLD SIMULATION"

Discussion in 'Support!' started by threadediron, March 18, 2016.

1. threadediron

threadediron New Member

This game looks amazing and I'd love to play, but every time I try to go into a fight in single player Galactic War, it starts loading going through the various messages, and then it gets to Accessing World Simulation - and it just stays there and stays there. I waited close to 20 minutes at one point to make sure it wasn't just loading slow. Attached below are the DxDiag and my most recent game log.

I've checked the incompatible software list, deleted the one program I had that was conflicting, as well as reinstalled the game and restarted my computer. I get the same result each time. Any help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance to anyone who tries helping!

Edit: Uploaded server log as requested, trying proposed solution as well

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 18, 2016
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Can you also post a server log? They are one directory up from the client logs for some reason.

As a test, can you try turning the local server off under settings -> server? That will make you use the Uber servers for GW instead of a local server on your computer. Of course that requires an internet connection, but it's just to see if the problem is with the server or with the client.
  3. threadediron

threadediron New Member

So I switched to using the Uber servers as opposed to local in the settings, and surprisingly it worked! I would have thought that since I was playing single player (offline) it wouldn't have mattered, but since using online servers to play my solo game worked, the problem is client side :/

Also, I was able to join a multiplayer game with my friend, if that helps somehow
  4. DeathByDenim

Oh, that's weird. The server log just stops without any errors or crash reports...
    Could you try doing a clean boot to maybe rule out software that wasn't on the list? Instructions are here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
  5. threadediron

threadediron New Member

Okay so I tried out the clean boot, and we've made some progress - It no longer gets stuck on "Accessing World Simulation" BUT, shortly after it now says "Unable to Access World Simulation - Returning to Main Menu" which it then promptly does.

Fortunately multiplayer works, so I've been able to play against AI's with my buddy while I get this single player thing sorted out.

I really appreciate you helping me figure this out by the way, thank you :)
  6. DeathByDenim

Can you post the new PA log and server log for that session? I'm curious to see if anything changed there.
  7. threadediron

threadediron New Member

[/QUOTE]
    Can you post the new PA log and server log for that session? I'm curious to see if anything changed there.[/QUOTE]

Here you go

Attached Files:

8. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

9. DeathByDenim

10. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Also looks like you have something blocking network connections.
  11. threadediron

threadediron New Member

I went into command prompt as well as verified the game cache, and when I restarted my computer, all was well.

Problem solved, thanks to you two!
    DeathByDenim likes this.