[SOLVED] A crashing PA.exe that I can't figure out

Discussion in 'Support!' started by DeathByDenim, January 27, 2015.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I am trying to help @crome29 in the German subforum whose PA.exe crashes consistently. His English is not so good, so I am making this thread on his behalf. We've checked graphics drivers, messed with the virtual memory settings and looked for software in SXX's list of incompatible software. He does have Kaspersky, but has added PA.exe as an exception.

He did upload a crash report, which shows that the server.exe crashes as well, and shortly after PA.exe crashes. So we disabled the local server and tried playing online, but his copy of PA still crashes within 30 seconds after entering the loading screen.

He is a Steam user, so I'm am having him turn off the Steam Overlay now and if that doesn't work, try the UberLauncher, but that won't solve the crashing server.exe that shows up in the "ereignis 2.txt" file.

Any thoughts?

(If you can read German, his thread starts here.)

Attached Files:

2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

DeathByDenim likes this.
  3. DeathByDenim

Attached Files:

4. DeathByDenim

Ok, never mind. This is solved. The problem was that Steam hadn't downloaded all the files. A verification of the game files downloaded 66 missing files, after which PA functioned normally.
    websterx01 and cdrkf like this.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yeah it's not "usual" crash report at all.