[Solution] To Changing Resolution in PA/Using a different resolution

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cyberkewl, December 29, 2017.

1. cyberkewl

cyberkewl New Member

I'm surprised the Uber devs didn't have a way to change the screen resolution from the game directly since most games do. Anyhow, I managed to do it pretty easily with some simple hacks but it requires a few things. Here's the steps.

1) Download NirCMD (h ttp://w ww.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html) - scroll to the bottom of the page for the download link
    2) Extract it to your Planetary Annihilation Folder (with the subfolders structure intact)
    3) Create a simple batch file called "playpa.bat" in the Planetary Annihilation folder with the following contents:

@echo off
    nircmd-x64\nircmd setdisplay 1440 900 32
    start /b /wait bin_x64\pa.exe
    nircmd-x64\nircmd setdisplay 1920 1080 32

4) The 2nd line that shows "setdisplay 1440 900 32" is the resolution and color bits you want to set (32 = 32-bit color) 1440 = width, 900 = height. That's the resolution you want to use in the game. The 4th line is your usual/native resolution. Mine is 1920 x 1080 so I set it as such.

What this batch file does is, sets the resolution to what you want first, launches the game - waits for it to terminate, then sets the resolution back to your native one.

Have fun and hope that helps!

P/S: Yes - i'm that CyberKewl - the one who made TAUIP and TAUCP for Total Annihilation back in the day :)
  2. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Well, the game isn't running as "real" fullscreen, so whats the point about wanting to change the output resolution?

Not enough performance? "Graphics" -> "Resolution scaling". Reduces or increases the internal render resolution.
    UI to big or small? "Gameplay" -> "User interface" -> "GUI size".
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General