So we now have Team Play..

Discussion in 'Support!' started by KingKj52, June 29, 2013.

1. KingKj52

KingKj52 New Member

The first immediate problem with even a 2v2v2 (6 person) game is that the current size of the map is a tad too small to host this many people fairly. Someone get's singled out and surrounded early on and is forced to die or go on a walk of shame to his partner's base with a unit or two (assuming that happens). This will, however, be "fixed" when more planets are added, so this thread won't be about this.

Communication. I know its way to early to be asking for this, as we JUST got team play, but I wanted to leave a small bug on some shoulders to know the want is there -- team chat. It is hard to be strategic with a partner when everything I say goes to everyone. For controls, maybe, by default, go into all chat, or by using shift+enter, it sends it to just your team. A simple (T) before the message could denote it really was seen by your team only. I'm sure a feature like this will come about on its own soon enough, but as I said, I just wanted to let you know my thoughts and next-step suggestion for team play.
  2. vhlulke

vhlulke New Member

I like the idea of sharing resources but what I dont like is somoene taking over my army :x I had a battle on just trying to control my units, my base was under attack and my team mate was doing suicide runs against the other teams base with my units.
  3. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

All I can say is play with people you know or on the forums and not with randoms. Team alliance should fix this problem too :p
  4. KingKj52

KingKj52 New Member

Wait what? Haha, my suggestion is a team chat in-game, so I can be strategic with my allies without the enemy seeing my information and ideas haha.
  5. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Use Mumble or TeamSpeak.
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

That is absolutely not a solution to the problem. You cannot do this unless you pre-organise a game with someone you know.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Well, if anyone fancies it, click on my signature and get pre-organising ;) (I know you're already signed up, Zaphod ;))

But yes, an in-game facility for this so people who aren't playing premade can communicate is quite important at this stage!
  8. ephoscus

ephoscus Member

Didn't Neutrino stated his thoughts on in game chat - NO - annoyingly can't find the live stream point when he said it. Went along the lines, there those that use Mumble/teamspeak & then there are asshats.
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Agreed - I wasn't suggesting in-game VoIP! Just seconding the call for in-game team text chat, so people who aren't on Teamspeak etc can still work together!
  10. veta

veta Active Member

I agree. There are some ways to abate this problem. More nuanced sharing/alliance options would help. I talk about that a bit here: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=49072

OP: Something in the vein of Supreme Commander's chat window would be great and I'm sure it's on the list. One thing that may not be however, and it's a small thing, is the chat remembering who you last sent a message to. If you want to talk to a specific player you shouldn't have to indicate it every time you press enter. That would not replace Hotkeys for All Chat, Allied Chat or cycling chat recipients, those would still be useful for quick chat management.