so this has EVERYTHING the devs said PA will not have?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by nuketf, August 20, 2015.

1. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

they said PA will not have Orbital battleships

they said PA will not have Expermentals

they said PA will not have Aircraft carriers

whats next? they add in shields into this?

this should be a update to PA...
  2. ornithopterman

ornithopterman Member

First the problem was that not enough was added to PA, now the problem is that things are added which were promised not be added.
    Is a breaking of a promise 'not to add extra stuff' really a bad thing?
    Out of curiosity, where are you going with this thread?

I can assure you that the topic of 'this should be an update' is being discussed quite lively already :)
    ace63 likes this.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

those weren't promised for the basegame

and domeshields still are a nono
    PhoneySpring646, wilhelmvx and Nicb1 like this.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

No that's why it's an expansion, because as you said in your title it was never supposed to be in the game...
  5. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

just angery with this"expencion" (also that kick starets get the game for free when i payed the same amount as the beta kick starter and i have to pay)
  6. squishypon3

It's an expansion because it adds huge elements to the game that the community didn't seem to want in the original PA, experimentals for example.

Kickstarters get the game because without them you wouldn't have a beta to buy in Early Access.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  7. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

everyone is saying this expancion is needed for PA

Then why could you buy beta in kick starter and it gave the same stuff as on steam? heck if you bought the cheapest thing on the kick starter you got PA:T for free!
  8. MrTBSC

ks made game possible .. you paid for getting in early were others decided to/had to wait ..
    cptconundrum and Nicb1 like this.
  9. varothegod

varothegod New Member

If they release a artillery defense it would be great, not a sheild but something that shot metal scraps into the air at incoming artillery shells would be nice, sort of like how the new Angel airplane thing can intercept missles
  10. MrTBSC

so a projectile pd similar to tmd?
    jupp suggested something like that long before ...
  11. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Pretty much.

The only thing that annoys me is that this reveals that the devs purposely kept the maps **** just so they could tag 'map improvements' into the expansion.

I don't mind paying the extra £10, so I'm just glad that stuff was being worked on and is now released, but it's a low blow that stuff that should have been included in the base game was held back.

I did call it though. I said they should release an expansion with experimentals all along! They probably would have done better by releasing a whole new faction along with this too.. but I guess that will be 'Expansion II'
  12. squishypon3

Steam and beta Kickstart have never been the same- for instance early access buyers never got progenitor.

You were never promised the same product as the KS backers.
    Ksgrip and Nicb1 like this.
  13. squishypon3

I don't believe it's that easy, the CSG we had to work with was amazing to make custom maps already, the new ones are amazing but they were months of work and work isn't free.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  14. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

i did not even know of the kick starter untill i got PA on steam and what happen to there plan on treating people all the same? AKA

Alpha kick starter

$90

Steam alpha

$90

and so on what happen to that plan? they just want more money thats what it gets down to

then why did i get the Thea commander for buying it in closed beta? AND the sound track?
  15. varothegod

varothegod New Member

Read the thread "support uber"
  16. squishypon3

Because they gave you a free commander, because they're nice. I'm not sure what bringing up the Theta means? You still never got the progenitor nor Alpha- which were a KS (and cosmic edition) exclusive.

The Early access and KS tiers were never supposed to give players the same content, the description of the title on Steam clearly laid out what your be getting.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  17. jables

jables Uber Employee

Just to note, I finished making csg icons on last friday.. so nothing was finished and kept :) The pathfinding work alone to make the new csg work was over 3 months of one person's time (and is in PA vanilla as well now). Most of the TITANS stuff was finished to a polished shippable state in the last 1.5 weeks from looking at check ins.
    and just adding this cause I've chatted with @perfectdark for about a year now on these forums, so thought he'd want to know hehe
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Jables, I think something that would allay *the more sensible* people with concerns would be to get a change log out for vanilla PA and pin it to a sticky on here and ideally on the steam forums too, to highlight the things that *everyone gets*.

If you could also add a statement to explain that:
    - Titans players can see and join Classic games
    - The two games run on the same servers (?) so PA will definitely remain fully functional irrespective
    - Engine updates as well as bug fixes will still come to classic

These are all things I've gleaned from various comments on here from yourself and a few other devs, however I'm not this information is clearly available for many to find.
  19. jables

jables Uber Employee

working on change log now. just been a busy few days.
    Remy561, cdrkf and cola_colin like this.