So about the kickstarter...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by darkenmal, September 10, 2012.

1. darkenmal

darkenmal New Member

I would love to donate, but I get paid on the 17th. Will I be able to donate towards the cause after the kickstarter campaign ends?

You guys could set up a counter on the website and just keep going for another week or so. I would definitely pay through Paypal.

Galactic War looks awesome! :p

Please let me contribute!
  2. darkenmal

darkenmal New Member

3. rab777

rab777 New Member

I would assume they would keep paypal options open for donations. But kickstarter "rewards" might go.

See if you can send Neutrino a personal message for a direct answer on this. Or at least the forum mod whose name I can't remember.
  4. wiian

wiian New Member

You may want to contact Uber through info@uberent.com and ask about maybe donating through Paypal at that later time.
  5. mrwonko

mrwonko Member

I think credit cards are not charged until the end of the month, so you can spend money you don't have yet? Not sure, mine is prepaid.
  6. sharpy34

sharpy34 New Member

If your card is rejected when kickstarter take the money out, you are given a week to correct the issue through amazon. So yes you should be fine :)
  7. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

The fact Paypal is mentioned says to me credit card might not be an option here.
  8. sharpy34

sharpy34 New Member

Yes but in terms of getting paid, i'm assuming he is talking about a debit card, not a credit card
  9. darkenmal

darkenmal New Member

Thanks for the replies everyone!

And in terms of getting paid, since I live in Canada, it refers to the fact that I have to wait 8 business days until the money goes into my account. Its different up here. :(

So by the time the money rolls in, the kickstarter will be over. I just wanted to know if the paypal options would still allow me to get the same rewards as the people on kickstarter after the fundraiser.

Hopefully this clears some things up. Sorry if it seems like a repeat of my first post.
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Not for me, in all my jobs my money has always been available as soon as It's deposited(whether by Direct Deposit or myself depositing a Cheque), so it's more likely something peculiar with your Employer or you Bank Account. Call up you bank and ask to have the Hold period on cheques removed and/or have the hold threshold raised(mine used to be 100$ years ago but had it raised to 500 and eventually 1500$)

Mike
  11. Endyo

Endyo Active Member

I've seen in previous kickstarters where they hold the paypal open with rewards for a little while after the actual kickstarter ends. So you might get lucky. However, it's not like you won't be able to buy/preorder it when it's coming out anyways.
  12. darkenmal

darkenmal New Member

Thanks. I will definitely look at this in the future.