Sniper's grapple OP?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Bambam Bm, August 20, 2010.

1. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

I wanna hear your thought's guys, is it bad enough that snipers just hide and rack up the kills from a distance they really need a crazy grapple?
  2. Ownage Messiah

Ownage Messiah New Member

I relly could care less either way but i dont think so. Thats one of their defences from those pesky ***assins.
  3. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Sniper's grapple is difficult to pull off. They are slow, weak, and don't have any lunge on it. I personally don't even upgrade it unless I'm killing a jackbot.
  4. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

How is it op? Just keep jumping and he'll never grapple you.
  5. Doom

Doom New Member

It's only really useful to counter assassins (And kill bigger bots). If an assassin's dumb enough to grapple someone from the front, they deserve to get golf clubbed 300 feet through the map imo.
  6. Ethan8-bit

Ethan8-bit New Member

I think his grapple is perfectly fine. Just don't get close and you don't have to worry about a thing!

(other than a hole in your head)
  7. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

I just think its op as in you get the "throw" ability on the first upgrade instead of the 2nd upgrade like others
  8. Warskull

Warskull New Member

This actually doesn't work, they can time their grapple to hit you while you land.

Personally, I find the more ridiculous aspect of the sniper are the traps. He can have multiple traps up at once and most classes can't do anything about them. You can know its there, see the doodad, but most weapons don't seem to be able to kill the traps. Especially if they are on angles.
  9. Sunabozu

Sunabozu New Member

Just jump over them if you know where they are.
  10. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Erm alt fire for the win. Anything that creates area of effect damage will take them out.
  11. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

Sniper:

Gold: Long Range
    Silver: Short Range
    Bronze: Mid Range
  12. JACKO6622

JACKO6622 New Member

I hate almost all of the grapples that ring you out automatically, they're really annoying...
  13. Rawdell210

Rawdell210 New Member

well i would think its the assassins role to 1 shot people with bad *** grapples. just throwing that out there.
  14. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

well yes but its annoying how a sniper with armor endorsment can't be killed from a grapple from in front but a sniper grappling an assassin from the front can one hit them.
    So basiclly it shows. in powerfulness(lol) Sniper's grapple > Assassin's grapple.

You cant really complain about a grapple from behind but a grapple from front should not kill someone full health. Heck.. most the time its not a kill from a grapple in front when your an Assassin
  15. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Level 1 grapple is fun as you spin the opponent around and straight after you can use your SMG grapple for a kill :lol: but making level 2 instantly give you the driver move seems rather strong, hitting that hard should have been a level 3 grapple, while the level 2 grapple could be something inbetween, not so much as an OOB hit but knock them back 20 foot or so like the gunner slam or assault level 2 charge.
  16. Monty

Monty New Member

I dunno, I have no problem with the Sniper's grapple. When I'm playing as a Sniper, I generally only use my grapple on Assassins who were stupid enough to grapple me from the front. There is no reason an Assassin should be doing that, so they deserve the full brunt of the Sniper's grapple.
  17. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

well it does get annoying because if you play as an assassin youd notice that a good amount of time you'll go to grapple someone from behind.. and it magically turns into a front grapple, lol. But still i mean Assassins are the only threat to good Snipers, they have traps to counter them, why make them so powerful even their only threat has to be extremely careful around them.
  18. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

I've had my fairshare playing as both a Sniper and Assassin, if youve just played mainly as a sniper, i wouldnt expect you to agree that its op, lol
  19. Vike113

Vike113 New Member

Not really, a good sniper will hear you coming and turn around = game over.
  20. zodbones

zodbones New Member

I think it's op it's the only grapple in the game that will 1 shot everything except tanks with maxed passive and Gobinumb
    why should a sniper grapple cause more damage than a gunner's or assault's when mechanically its the same.
    Cause high damage and maybe a ring out, but the snipers grapple WILL kill you before you even get launched.