1. GrumblyCoyote

GrumblyCoyote New Member

I'm new to the Sniper and I wanted to know what sponsers to put for the sniper?

Thanks!
  2. Tomato

Tomato New Member

I like to use rate of fire, armor, and clip size. with rate of fire you can just mow through bots really quickly, the armor is a good silver sponsor, and clip size is kinda needed for the SMG. Hope this helps!
  3. GrumblyCoyote

GrumblyCoyote New Member

Yea, thanks!
    I used this sponsers and it went great for me!
    Thanks!
  4. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

I use

Gold accuracy/silver armor/bronze rate of fire

If your aim is on you don't need to be taking extra shots
    The accuracy lets you noscope with your sniper fairly well but more importantly makes your Smg very lethal (Especialy when juiced)
  5. ROWAN1551

ROWAN1551 New Member

I use:

Gold: Armor
    Silver: Skill Regeneration
    Bronze: Rate Of fire

The armor is for that extra bit of health and if you Play as an offensive sniper it really comes in handy.

I love my Flak and try and get it to 3 as fast as possible, I have 150 kills with Flak and I barely play sniper. With Skill regen. you can use Flak and all skills more often.

the rate of Fire I think is pretty self explanitory, You can get your shots off faster :p
  6. RAGE I V3NOM

RAGE I V3NOM New Member

It doesn't hurt to fire faster and accuracy is useless on a sniper IMO. RoF will allow you to rack up bot kills.

I play Defense, RoF, Skill Regen.

If you're accuracy is on then you'll be getting kills quicker than BoltAkion. No-scoping takes little skill in this game with max accuracy but you should change to SMG by this point it's more effective at close range. Why waste a gold endorsement when you have a perfectly good means at killing close range?

Or grapple. Then you've got you're traps on top so really you're a close range beast. No-scoping is definitely not needed, so accuracy is not. Defense will stop assassins OHKOing you from the front as well as giving you time to split when under fire. If you're in a sniper off it's also really useful.

=)
  7. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

It really depends on how you wish to play a sniper. If you plan to camp in your base and pick off everything that moves, I'd start with:

Gold - Armor
    Silver - Clip Size
    Bronze - Rate of Fire

If you prefer getting within range of the moneyball and the surrounding turrets to force an enemy team to scrap their current plans and rush you down (my preferred strategy), I'd go with the pressure trifecta of:

Gold - Speed/Rate of Fire
    Silver - Rate of Fire/Speed (the two slots are interchangeable based on your playstyle)
    Bronze - Skill Recharge

Really, all three are interchangeable because the purpose of this build is to force pros to come at you, freeing up valuable arena space for your team, but the only purpose of having speed in the gold slot is in case the strategy works and half of the enemy pros rush you all at once. In most cases, you're dead, but Gold speed will get you the hell out of there if they somehow fail. Gold speed will also ensure that you can backpedal and SMG kill most assassins who think that a full frontal charge is the way to go, but Rate of Fire in the gold endorsement slot provides enough pressure to keep people hiding, rather than just heading in a happy zig-zag line toward your present location.
  8. tlbww

tlbww New Member

If you camp, why do you need armor?

Silly sniper trying to spawn camp in enemy spawn.
  9. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

If you're planning on holding down the fort, more armor will keep you alive long enough to make as many stupid decisions as necessary to chase away people pushing lanes. I've always wondered why Sniper players need armor at all, but it seems to be a popular choice among most sniper players. The way I see it, if you need armor to be viable with a sniper rifle, you are probably playing the wrong class.

And there's nothing wrong with camping in the corners next to enemy bases. Good snipers don't spawn camp; they attack the moneyball directly! Don't knock it 'til you try it. :D
    Last edited: September 7, 2010
  10. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

gold - ROF
    silver -Crit Shot
    bronze - Clip size
  11. SpiXLOL

SpiXLOL New Member

Gold - ROF
    Silver -Armor
    Bronze - Clip Size
  12. Shivers

Shivers New Member

This is what I'm running at the moment, loving it so far.
  13. Unic0rnSunshine

Unic0rnSunshine New Member

That's what I run too!

As I said in my guide, it makes the Sniper more viable for destroying turrets (more than it already is), it makes the SMG deal death, it protects you from front grapples, and it prevents the SMG from instantly running out of ammo.
  14. SpiXLOL

SpiXLOL New Member

Exact the same reason why i use this sponsors.
  15. HungryAntman

HungryAntman New Member

Gold - Rate of Fire
    Silver - Armor
    Bronze - Reload

Gold armor isn't needed in most cases. With silver it still takes 3 sniper shots to kill you and you can survive an assassins face grapple.

Bronze is optional really. Skill regen, Clip size, Reload, Walk speed, and Accuracy are all good. Just depends on play style.

Gold RoF is a must in my opinion. That **** brings the hurt.
  16. Paper

Paper New Member

Even if he wasn't camping, in order to put pressure on Pros and help clear lanes, Armor does a great deal to keep you alive.

I understand that you were commenting on his comment about camping but even then, I'd use it for those tricky assassins that get by my traps. Not as a Gold endorsement though. Silver for sure.
  17. Rolo

Rolo New Member

ROF

CLIP

SKILL REC

in that order, have not had a need to change any of them, I do very well with this set up. Armor is for front line characters, if someone got into my base, my turrets and I have failed.
  18. Adree1

Adree1 New Member

I normally use ROF/Armor/Crit (the 3rd slot is really subjective for snipers, 3rd slot crit is going to be like 1 in 20 shots) but lately I've had good success with Crit/Armor/ROF and hoping that whatever headshots I don't land are turned into crit bodyshots.
  19. yoshi1hero

yoshi1hero New Member

my favourite tactics and sponsers.

Rate of fire juice then speed. The rate of fire is so you can kill those pesky long range assault grenade launcher only people plus will help you kill other snipers. Juice is to shot turrets at long range with your rate of fire so you can be juiced up very quickly when doing this shot let go of zoom to see surroundings while holding fire then zoom before your sniper fires I personally like upgrading traps and sniper first. Speed will keep you alive in 4 against 1 matches it makes you much harder to hit and works really well with the holding fire zoom in zoom out trick. Also juice always beats smg. The only fault of this class is if you have a really bad team because you will be required to shoot so much that you don't get to taunt. I personally use this class a lot and know it works because I always fill the most needed role. Remember double grappling beats just about everything. I shall regret this post when fighting snipers.