Sniper juice gain

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by nickeboy, February 1, 2011.

1. nickeboy

nickeboy New Member

1. Get explosive shots
    2. Spam shots into a group of bots
    3. ???
    4. Profit

Seriously, is it just me or does the sniper juice way faster than even the assassin?
    I'm not saying it's overpowered, a juiced sniper doesn't wreck bases like a juiced assassin. But still, whoa.
  2. Rammite

Rammite New Member

They all get juice at the same rate.

It's just that Sniper - being all the way back at his base, shooting at bots who can't shoot back - has a lower chance of dying and losing his juice.
  3. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

Lies. I go up in bots faces to headshot them quite frequently, not on purpose of course... It just happens.
  4. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Nope. Juice gain rate varies depending on the weapon being used as well as the target. Shooting bots gain juice much faster than doing the same amount of damage to a pro, and there are certain weapons that will gain juice much faster than others. For example, the sniper rifle.
  5. The Gentlemanly Pyro

The Gentlemanly Pyro New Member

Although they gain juice the fastest. They cant do much with it. I use it if there are people trying to get me out of my spot. You want me out of my spot? Well, I'm coming for you then!
  6. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

You can do just as much havoc as you desire with it. I use my juices effectively taking down 1-2 enemy turrets or 2-5 enemy pro's. Who says we have to stand in the back all the time? The sniper himself says "Let's keep pushing! C'mon!" and often I find myself leading the charge of 3 people in front of a tank/gunner/support. The Flak has increased damage during juice so thats an OWCH for the enemy and as usual an area denial tool + turret slayer + SMG = bigger OWCH. Sure you might not be as effective as a gunner or tank or any of the other classes, but juices can be used just as efficiently as an offensive sniper tool and not just for emergency uses if you're being harrassed.

Just wanted to point that out. :)
  7. The Gentlemanly Pyro

The Gentlemanly Pyro New Member

I heard somewhere that juice doesn't affect skills.
  8. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

After further investigation:

You are right, I'm sorry juice doesn't affect skills. :)

But that doesnt change my point. ;)
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

And that point was well made. My poor clone has to stitch up several holes in his armor... :D
  10. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

If you want fast juice be a gunner and just spray away at a pack of bots, you will juice in about 20 seconds.
  11. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I don't think the sniper is as effective with juice than other classes but note that doesn't mean he's any less scary when juiced.

Juice makes his dinky SMG look like the Cricket from MIB.
  12. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

I love popping juice as sniper just because most people when seeing a sniper up close start thinking "YEEE A KILL" then all of a sudden it's Tron time in their face.
  13. Shmyea

Shmyea New Member

For lols I tried a new tactic on spunky cola where I just ignored pros, farmed bots, got juice then stormed their base for a killstreak. Rinse repeat. Ended on around 48-7. Not a record but considering how little skill it took to do..... I didn't even equip a juice perk...

Don't think I've ever used the sniper while in Juice unless I'm keen on mashing a turret. Much rather get up in peoples grill with the SMG and flak to cut their retreat.
  14. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Snipers don't need Juice to lay waste to turrets, level 3 flak cuts through most turrets or heavily damages them (your fault if you let them get level 3 turrets)
  15. Shmyea

Shmyea New Member

K.. I said the only times I use the sniper while juiced are vs turrets... Not the only times I use the sniper vs turrets are while juiced...

Even so it's not a party till everyone has level 3 turrets up. Try hards that harass a base at level 1 are just boring and ruin a match for everyone (unless it's steel peel, that map bores me for some reason...). All the best games go to full time.
  16. grimbar

grimbar New Member

When I win I don't ruin my fun, maybe that of others but that has it's own benefits.
  17. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

The fun is keeping their turrets down the whole game so when overtime does come round you can waltz in there for some cucumber sandwiches and lemonade.
  18. Shmyea

Shmyea New Member

So when it's your favourite map and you're having an awesome game where every shot's connecting and you feel pretty much untouchable knowing for sure the game's in the bag and you even have a potential >9000 game with an Uber Streaks on your hands only to find some try hard assassin has been back dooring their turrets from the start. Your bots push the other side, punch through the shields while the assassin continues you spray the money ball. You win the game in 3 minutes knowing it's your least favourite map up next but you still let fly a fist pump because you're just so garsh darn pleased you ensured the win...

See I'd be pissed off because I know we'd have won eventually but I was hoping to have a little fun on the ride. Instead my fun is cut short because some try hard is so desperate to get another win on his stats that he just uses lousy tactics to end the game prematurely.
  19. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Sometimes that try hard is just pissed from previous games he lost because he got spawn camped bad with bad team mates.
  20. grimbar

grimbar New Member

There is no premature win, only a win. I like all maps and I like winning fast when I play on pubs, it brings out the best hackusations when you do nothing but juice, regardless of class.