Small Idea. Upgrade already existing structures.

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by symmetrik, November 2, 2013.

1. symmetrik

symmetrik New Member

When I was recently playing PA, I was building a fair bit in my base, spamming T1 structures to be exact. Anyway, I thought to myself: "Many of my metal extractors need upgrading" hence I attempted to place an advanced metal extractor on already existing metal extractors, and to my avail, that worked. I was happy. Then I attempted to do the same to my factories and energy plants... To no avail, that did not work. So I had to destroy and reclaim the old structures to make advanced ones.

So here's the idea, small, but helpful. Just like upgrading a metal extractor by placing an advanced metal extractor over an existing one, why not the ability to do the same to all structures that can be upgraded, such as factories and energy plants?
  2. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

You never really want to destroy old factories. Just build new ones and use the old ones to keep building.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Building an advanced ontop of a normal and vice versa is putting two buildings in the same place. That is not the case with factories. Keep in mind that there should be reason to use both T1 and T2 and that the latter cannot build the former. Only T1 has anti air.
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Yeah, the Goal/hope of PA is that all units will be viable throughout a match, so you shouldn't be destroying Basic Factories in any situation.

Neutrino is generally Against any kind of upgrades and the current setup with the Extractors in mostly a compromise to cut down on the 'work' required to use Advanced extractors compared to TA and SupCom.

Mike
    Murcanic likes this.
  5. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

I just hope the skins/models for the Normal/Advanced factories are different enough that the latter doesn't look like a scaled-up version of the former. They just need to look a bit more distinct from each other, and people won't confuse 'advanced' for 'upgraded'.
  6. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I think the massive size difference is hint enough that they're different.
  7. symmetrik

symmetrik New Member

Ahh right. Thanks for clearing that up guys, makes sense :)