Skill Starting and Wall Walking

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by CDR Alpha Niner, August 29, 2010.

1. CDR Alpha Niner

CDR Alpha Niner New Member

When using a skill, then being killed, players will not spawn with the skill fully charged.

Why not? This is the first game where I've seen that done. Players should start will all skills fully charged.

Another thing: I've begun to notice players "wall-walking," as in walking on top of walls, which are obviously too thin to hold wide-stanced Gunners and Tanks. Any way to make them slip off the wall so they can't walk on top of it?
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

stop trying to ruin fun things
  3. CDR Alpha Niner

CDR Alpha Niner New Member

Hey, if you want a broken game, be my guest. I don't.
  4. Konner

Konner New Member

Walking on walls breaks the game?

Also, I believe I played with you not too long ago.
  5. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

To the best of my knowledge, the "wall walking" is used by the other teams spawn to get the proper angle to do damage to the money ball without its' shields having been brought down by bots. Doing this is at the very least an "exploit" if not an outright cheat as the developers have stated that damage should not be done to the money ball UNTIL the shields are brought down.
  6. faits

faits New Member

Anyone can do damage to the money ball at any time from any angle. It's an oversight and it's getting fixed in the patch.
  7. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Every time I see an Assassin hop on top of the spawn and camp, I want to shank a puppy.

For the most part, though, I don't care about "wall walking."
  8. faits

faits New Member

Why don't you just shoot the assassin? The only benefit of going up there is that so many people don't bother looking up there, but if they do it's pretty easy to chase an assassin away.

Keep in mind it requires a smoke bomb to get up there, so if an assassin has just gotten up there they won't have their smoke bomb to escape.
  9. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

And when you see one up there, they usually don't move as you kill them...I guess they figure they can take out the money ball before they die.
  10. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

its fun tryin to climb on things with jetpacks. they already have it so if u get on top of any of the tall towers u take constant damage
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If you watch UberEnt. last Justin.tv cast you see them standing on top the walls themselves. I believe it was Logan (xShadowStormx) that was the person "showcasing" it.
  12. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

How many games have you played with a 5 second respawn, and skills that take nearly a minute to refresh? Imagine a support doing suicide runs, they hack a turret, run to the other base and throw out a firebase and three strikes then die. They respawn 5 seconds later and hack another turret, throw out another firebase, and three more air strikes. Rinse, repeat. The current intention is Supports should not be able to keep more than two turrets meaningfully hacked at a time, one firebase a time, and have a time penalty for throwing out all three strikes at once. Giving the player fully charged skills at spawn would negate that.

As for wall-walking, this is something we had talked about early on, but it gradually became part of the game. Yes, it looks silly, but it's the way the Unreal engine's physics system works. We simply didn't have the time, or inclination, to fix this.