Simple Sniper vs Assassin Fix

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Skull Man, February 15, 2011.

1. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

Most players seem to use the sniper's ice traps primarily to prohibit assassins from sneaking up on them unnoticed. However, even if the assassin gets frozen, she is still able to grapple and assassinate while frozen, meaning that assassins can lunge at a sniper from a distance, and by the time that she gets frozen by the traps, she's within range to one-hit KO the sniper.

I can't tell you how many time snipers have complained against me using this simple tactic. Does anyone else think that assassins should be able to attack - but not grapple - for the duration of the freeze (freeze means traps at level two and three)? Although assassins should have an advantage over snipers in team based games, I think this tweak would limit her advantage just enough so we don't get anymore "omg, wtf, assassin hax thru my traps"

And this would give an assassin an extra incentive to use projectiles during combat, which is a plus in my book...

Thoughts?
    Last edited: February 15, 2011
  2. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I think it's perfectly fine as is when you consider the fact that the Assassin is the only class that does not have a way to destroy ice traps.

Assault: Bomb, grenade launcher
    Gunner: Mortars
    Tank: Product Grenade
    Support: Airstrike
    Sniper: Flak
  3. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

k I understand the other classes... But if you see an ice trap as a tank, are you going to aim it with your product grenade which BOUNCES all over the place? I sort of doubt it... Always better to walk around it. Besides, anybody with their eyes peeled will spot the ice trap and fly over it as either of the heavies or an assault to get to the sniper. :)
  4. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

It's impractical, but I just listed it to show that the Tank does indeed have a way to destroy it. Most Tanks would just fly over it or charge right through it.
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I think the assassin should be able to grapple. Besides, it only speeds up the inevitable; The assassin will slash and shuriken the poor bastard to death once she is that close, even when frozen.

If ANY class knows where an ice trap is located, ANY class has a means of avoiding it. Lief is right, any other class would have a means of hitting the sniper/his-trap with an explosive, disabling the trap/killing the sniper/both. The assassin might as well have a way to kill snipers if they find an ice trap ahead of time as well, like the other 5 classes would do.
  6. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Technically it should be impossible for an assassin to grapple while stuck in level 3 trap because it drains skills and grapple counts as a skill.
  7. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Nope, grapple is not drained in a level 3 ice trap.
  8. Infininja

Infininja New Member

The assassin's grapples are the alternate fires on either of her weapons. How are they skills? :?:
  9. Near

Near New Member

Being able to grapple someone, which in Assassin's case means a lot of complex fancy jumping and tripping before actually making the killing hit, while you're freezed to the ground, is highly illogical to me. Not saying they should or should not be able - for me the whole scenario is hilarious.