Sick of the pubstompers...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by IcyZyon, December 8, 2010.

1. IcyZyon

IcyZyon New Member

Past few games I have played against teams that all had the same Club tag and very similar gamer tags. I know there is no way to stop it since there is no "team vs team" mode but still.

If you have to pubstomp and you think you are good at the game for pubstomping. Get a life. Get one NOW.
  2. rhineville

rhineville Member

It sucks when you get beat, and it sucks worse getting beat by a team when you're in with a bunch of other randoms, but;
    Saying people need to get a life for playing on a team in a team game is pretty silly. A lot of teams like to "nerf" themselves in various ways if they are dominating anyways. I won't juice if the other team is having trouble getting out of their base the whole game.

Either find a team, quit games vs teams, or as you so wisely said get a life.
  3. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

This thread should end after that. Oh wait, I screwed it up! :oops:
  4. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

I prefer to take my lumps like a man Private Twinkletoes.
  5. Sianoux

Sianoux New Member

Are you actually complaining about people playing on teams in a team game?

My mind... can't... handle... the paradox!
  6. Einarath

Einarath New Member

I actually really, really like this idea.

That way when I do play with a team, I don't feel like a **** for destroying pubs, I don't get bored just going for shuriken, hurt gun, etc. kills, and I can be challenged by playing against another group.

Maybe someway that if you're in a group with three or more people, you get put together only with other groups of three or more...? Though I can see that just ending up with total failure, due to the overall low number of groups. Maybe just simply a searching preference, that looks for other groups, but doesn't necessarily force your group to play against another group if it can't find one?

Whatever the case, it happens, deal with it. People are going to want to play with their friends.
  7. mute

mute New Member

It's a valid complaint.. there are alot of people that do nearly nothing else but pubstomp.. alot of them are on these forums, anyone that says it isnt occassionally a problem is smoking crack or in denial. With MNC it tends to be a bigger deal than games like CoD, etc. because you dont have 5 quadrillion players online at the same time (MNC does have a great/decently sized userbase tho!).

It doesnt ruin everything but, there are definitely days where it can be a real issue, such as when no other lobbies can be found but the same 3 or 4 with the same people over and over. You'd think they'd get bored of the lack of competitiveness. It'd be nice to see some match options in the future like the 'no party' type game modes you see in games like CoD, etc. where no parties can join. It'd also be nice to see a lobby system where you can create a lobby party and set the mode to 'random' so the teams are still divided up when its started and the random pubs join in rather than just the mode we got where a team is a team is a team.
  8. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Definitely annoying, I feel your pain dude. Basically a Mercenary TDM (but Crossfire) mode is what would be ideal here.
  9. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

Teamstacking is a sad truth, and there really isn't a way to stop or deal with it without 'splitting the community'.
  10. xknight2099

xknight2099 Member

I think losing is the only way to learn in this game unless you have a pro giving you advice.

It would be nice if there were some sort of skill matching system based on your level.
    But I imagine the community would have to be a lot bigger for that to be implemented.
  11. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

My friend was playing today against some 'tryhards' and invited me.. I get in there and it's S Kay Eye El El(massive tryhard), Shinigami Eyes, and a few people i didn't recognize. I went 12-6 but couldn't stop them from taking our turrets/ball down, and afterwards they started talking tons of ****(Skill was a SR pub kid who hated on me for being a top player). When 11 people get in the room I wondered why it wasn't starting... these kids were going through pubs with 6 people, and talking ****. Sad.
  12. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i mainly play solo or with 1 friend and if i come up against a group and i have a random team i know that there is very little chance of me winning, i just hope they keep it going long enough for overtime to hit and then i can maybe win it myself that's all you can really do......not even the best player can beat a party of 5 or 6 with SOME team work..

about the no life thing http://www.youtube.com/user/Shadow9392# ... QUEdTIdhXg watch it....
  13. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

I think I was in that game on your team against S Kay Eye El for a hot second.
    I can't stand playing against him.
  14. VagaBond007

VagaBond007 New Member

I agree with the OP, but can't offer much for solutions. Maybe add matchmaking logic that prefers to group teams with teams and solo players with other randoms... but I don't know much about how complex that'd be.

Typically, when I realize I'm up against a solid team, I'll try my best for that game and leave after... or just tough it out and lose repeatedly. Today, however, I was put up against a team of spawn campers that didn't even shoot the money ball, which really demonstrated what a negative experience players can have when people abuse team advantage.
  15. thrustbucket

thrustbucket New Member

I love the new tag feature, because when I enter a lobby with 3 or more of the same tag, I save myself 15 minutes of cursing and screaming and I leave.
  16. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

Playing in Steel Peel against guys like Xenonox and "S Kay Eye El El" is like prison sex.
    You just gotta tough it out.
    Although, last time I heard prison guards don't perch on top of the glass walls and spawn camp.

Seriously though, you have nothing to lose but a bruised ego by sticking it out in one of those matches. If they hang around for the following match you might be lucky enough to get put in their squad. Watch how they play and you'll improve immensely.
  17. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Think i had a game with you last week junior, if i remember right we were on oppisite teams an we were both tanks. We both did well.
  18. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Yea. Kid's a bit of a random with a random ego. Makes me LOL because he talked **** on me for playing(and winning) a bunch of SR tournaments saying "tournaments don't mean anything" or something along those lines.. Then told me to get on GB for MNC. ????. So.. GB means something, tournaments dont?
  19. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

I remember that! I'm still trying to figure out how to play the slower classes. I think because of my personal schedule I tend to be in more games with people in the UK and Europe.
  20. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

I didn't know I was being a rapist.

If it would help, we can friend request each other and play together in the future and avoid unnecessary bruises.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and potential spawn camping that may have followed.

Amen.