Should I be an assassin?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Moubias1, August 20, 2010.

1. Moubias1

Moubias1 New Member

Heres how to tell if you should be an Assassin:
    First play 10 games as an Assassin and then answer these questions:
    1. Did you go negative?
    2. Did you die more than 10 times?
    3. Did you ever get less than 20 kills in a game?

If the answer to any of these is yes, please
    DONT PLAY AN ASSASSIN!
  2. fatMasticator

fatMasticator New Member

those are silly questions.

1. Did you clear a lane?
    2. Did you wreck their turrets?
    3. Did you pick off key support?
    4. Did you buy juice and wreck their money ball?
    5. Do you feel largely responsible for your team winning the match?
  3. Tomato

Tomato New Member

That's more like it!
  4. MickFM

MickFM New Member

This is exactly the attitude that leads to people playing Assassins in a distinctly unhelpful way. It's not about getting a good kill/death ratio to make yourself look good. Like fatMasticator said, it's about clearing lanes, taking out turrets and getting those key kills that really benefit your team as a whole.
  5. Rawdell210

Rawdell210 New Member

ive seen some high levels reckin people with the assassin. i figure they have lots of experience with it so if ur comitted to being a assassin u can only get better.
  6. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

The question really should be: Am I an elitist d-bag?

Here's how to tell:
    Take the OP quiz and if you think that this assessment is correct, then congrats! You ARE an elitist D-bag!!
  7. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

THIS.
  8. Moubias1

Moubias1 New Member

9. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

20 kills is a bit high. I typically go 15 to 20 with 5 or so deaths. Because the game ranks you based on money, I stay near the top because I've destroyed machinery in addition to people.
  10. Warskull

Warskull New Member

You probably shouldn't play assassin, if you are constantly pulling 20 kills it really sounds like you are ratio whoring it up. An assassin that just roams around backstabbing isn't very useful to the team.

The real strengths of the assassin are its abilities to easily get in the enemy base and knock out turrets (forcing the enemy to play defensively) and its ability to clear through lanes rapidly, creating pushes.

This is how you play assassin.
  11. brandyn o mac

brandyn o mac New Member

#5 is purely opinion.. hell even the worthless snipers that go 2-20 think they are god's gift to gaming and the sole reason their team won.. I mean seriously how are you going to call someone else's questions silly then reply with that... lol
  12. rhineville

rhineville Member

Non-delusional folks can generally tell that when they destroy enemy bots/push their bots, take out some turrets on the side that's making a push or take out supports/firebases that are giving the team trouble, they're helping the team.

The ones who do nothing and think they "pwned" are either too young and/or stupid to be helped.
  13. Red Assassin

Red Assassin New Member

*will be looking for Moubias1 online for being an elitist d-bag*
  14. brandyn o mac

brandyn o mac New Member

Good luck finding very many people that aren't delusional over Xbox Live...
  15. toxn54

toxn54 New Member

The answer for most people, is no, they shouldn't be an assassin. The people who posted commentary justifying assassin game play shouldn't be. Making a lane for bots without a lot of kills and taking out their turrets and money ball doesn't make you a good assassin just makes the other team oblivious for not killing you and letting you walk into their base un-opposed, I have never seen an assassin lead bots into any base and not be a big killer in the game. Too many people play the assassin because it runs fast and they don't like to move slowly, generally speaking it costs the team the win unless you are in a strong communication situation and then they may be helpful. Most people who play assassin are mass negative, and you can say that doesn't matter, but when you give the other team 2700 dollars alone with your deaths which is enough for a character to max and put a spawn camp on your base, then you are helping the other team win the game, which is the opposite of your purpose. The purpose of the assassin is to take out snipers and perhaps medics / assaults, they can take out tanks and gunners but that is not their prime focus as those two have radial attacks. (Just because you can take out a bad team with a tank on it, doesn't mean it's effective, I can take out a bad team with any kit it doesn't mean that it is the right kit for all situations).

If less people were assassins, maybe assassins wouldn't seem like such a joke position, but as it stands I hope everyone who plays versus me is an assassin because I appreciate free wins.
  16. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

@toxn54: Clearing lanes makes you a good Assassin. Assassins are among the best bot killers in the entire game. All they have to do is lunge, and you can easily take out all three bots. Being able to grapple Jackbots is a huge plus, too. Sure, you can kill players, but guess what? They respawn in 3 seconds. Pushing a lane forces the other team to spend time pushing it back. Being a good Assassin means you blend killing players with killing bots and turrets.
  17. fake

fake New Member

If you want to know objectively whether you were the MVP, just go see if you earned it in the pro tag screen at the end of the game.
  18. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

People constantly bash the assassin and perhaps justify their reasoning that the assassin is a bad class and they can be right for all I care...

that doesn't mean I still can't have fun playing as one.
  19. toxn54

toxn54 New Member

The question isn't can you be an assassin, obviously you can, it is should you. Most people do not play the class right and cost their team the game because of it, or make it difficult to overcome their lack of a team mate doing anything productive. I can't play the class well enough to justify it, most people shouldn't be an assassin. Bryanchurch should be an assassin.
  20. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Fair enough. I shall wave my fist angrily not at you guys, but at the faceless scrubs who give the assassin a bad name.

Seriously, any class can lane clear, but if an assassin puts her mind to it, at least she'll be swimming in money to do generic, team helping things like building turrets.