Shadow new signature contest - round 2

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by XShadowStormX, September 3, 2009.

1. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Time the has come and the theme is:

"Posting sigs that are worthy of XShadowStormX's awesomeness"

This can range from ninja's to lolcats. Colorful design to random lettering. All are welcome, post them up here.

There will be prizes and the people will vote on the top three selected.

Let the awesome begin -
  2. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Can't you just put "Hai Im XShadowStormX LOlz. I rulZ J00!" in your sig? That seems worthy. ;)
  3. Tiny_Puppy_Smasher

Tiny_Puppy_Smasher New Member

[​IMG]
    "Hai Im XShadowStormX LOlz. I rulZ J00!"
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Since Scathis just won the competition for the signature Ill compete in username suggestions:

~=||~xXx~$ h 4 d 0 w $ t 0 r M~xXx~||=~
  5. gnats3

gnats3 Member

This is going to be intense.
  6. Col_Jessep

I was bored:

[​IMG]
  7. gnats3

gnats3 Member

The fire crackled. A crowd of people sat in a group, children and adults alike, staring, enraptured, as the elderly man in front of the tent wove wondrous tales of daring kings and dark creatures. They leaned forward earnestly as he began the telling of another legend.

"Long ago, a challenge was made at the kingdom of GPG for any to attempt if they so dared. An impossible signature incorporating music, math, Supcom, and of course SCIENCE."

The crowd ooh-ed and ah-ed at the mention of science. It's powers were widely regarded as greater even than magic.

"Even the bravest of knights could not bring themselves to attempt to slay this dragon of a sig request. The sheer scariness of the concept prevented any progress from being made towards completion. Soon, it was forgotten, and it fell to the dark depths of off-topic's second page and beyond. Only the tattered archives and the most obscured memories knew of its existence.

I now have in my possession the complete text of this most ancient of quests. As it was handed down by His Highness TP the 5th, from the minds of the gods themselves:

'Make me a sig that contains a Calabi-Yau Manifold. On each folded dimension of the manifold, I want a picture that depicts a famous scientist. Each picture should progress the timeline of pictures, starting with the first dimension of the manifold having a picture of Pythagoras. There should be as many pictures of scientists as dimensions in the manifold that you use. Each picture should be bent around the dimensions of the manifold, and each should somehow incorporate Supreme Commander, be it by putting units from the game into it or doing something as simple as photoshopping a faction symbol onto a shirt as a patch.

The manifold should be on an interesting, abstract, colorful background, ideally something related to a symphony or string instrument. There should be glowing strings radiating outward from the center of the Calabi-Yau Manifold (Which is situated to the right side of the sig. Strings should be flowing to the right). In the foreground should be text that says "We've only scratched the surface", and the rightmost side of the text should be distorted, swirling into a black hole in the top-right corner. The entire sig should be colorful, vibrant, and pleasing to the eye.

One of the scientist pictures of the dimensions should be replaced with a picture of the weighted companion cube.

Oh yeah, and put a cowbell hidden faintly in the background. '

You may wonder why this matters. Thousands of abandoned wonders exist, and tales of gallant warriors are much more entertaining than these dusty declarations from the gods.

The fact is, and few realize this, but the challenge was not left untried forever. It actually
    was tackled. The dragon actually was slain. The greater effects of this event remain to be seen, but...

In any case, here are the results. Here is... the Supreme Musical Calabi-Yau of SCIENCE!

[​IMG]
  8. Tiny_Puppy_Smasher

Tiny_Puppy_Smasher New Member

Holy ****.
  9. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Okay...we are three signatures deep...I wonder if everybody else had access? :O
  10. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

Yeah I had to approve one through the weekend. Shadow is slllloooooooooow.
  11. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

I was @ PAX...wait so were you...wait you were in Vegas also...do you have clones?
  12. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

Well I am a natural multi-tasker...

Indeed I have clones.
  13. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

Sorry to double post, but why the hell did the other thread on GPG get locked?
  14. gnats3

gnats3 Member

Need moar entries :!:
  15. Col_Jessep

Nyx, I think it was locked because Shadow wanted the competition to be held on this forum (which makes sense). However, the easiest and fastest way to get people interested in this forum is to release infos and screens... of your game. So hurry and find a publisher and start leaking cool stuff! :D

Ill happily spam the German SupCom Forum with news about Uber Ent but I need something newsworthy. Shadows sig contest would not be considered newsworthy by the majority of our users, sorry... ;)
  16. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Correct, I want the the contest and items dealing with it moved to the Uber forums, not passing out gifts to those over on the SupCom forums :D

And Jessep...it is news for those I care about ;)
  17. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

I am not getting emails when people post replies.. and this makes me an unhappy lady.
  18. Col_Jessep

Yep and I enjoyed participating but not everybody has the right sense of humor to appreciate the sig competition. :(

@Nyx: You mean the subscriptions arent working? I just bookmarked the search link and check when I have time:
    search.php?search_id=newposts
  19. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

That is a sweet link! I primarily use my iPhone because o my access issues at work, so I don't just check the website often
  20. Col_Jessep

Glad you like it Nyx! :)
    Btw, thats another advantage of vBulletin, you can search for new posts and for posts from the past 24 hours. That comes extremely handy when you have to keep an eye on a large forum. Makes moderating much more compfy imo.