Setting up and Hosting MNC Servers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Ekanaut, January 25, 2011.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Make sure your ports are forwarded to the following:

UDP 1200 (used for friends service)
    TCP 27000-27050
    UDP 27000-27050
    TCP 7777-7780
    UDP 7777-7780

If you want to run a dedicated server from a command line, refer to the MNCDS Stand Alone Server setup here:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6406
  2. TheMunch

TheMunch New Member

Just out of curiosity, do these ports also need to be open for joining games? I know there are lots of threads about people not being able to join servers, sadly I can't either. But I am having both the "dlc" issue (which i understand and am ok with) but every other server is telling me that the connection to the host is lost. My uni is very stingy about what ports they open up (read: none) so if me not being able to join any games is a port forwarding issue id be upset. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

These ports are only for hosting. the DLC message and Connection Lost could be because those servers haven't updated to the latest build and might still be running Beta builds. Going forward, we fixed it so you won't ever see outdated servers but the Beta servers will still show up until they update.
  4. TheMunch

TheMunch New Member

Thanks for responding so quickly. I am only concerned cause I got mnc back in beta, and i was never able to join any games then either. However back then the warning messages were much less informative (prolly around beginning of january); the join button would go grey and the game would just try to join and nothing would happen. At least now it brings up the loading screen before rejecting me. Given that I have never been able to join games, I feel like this is more than just the servers not being up to date.
  5. R234

R234 New Member

Is forwarding these ports supposed to be the only thing I have to do to be able to host a game? 'Cause it changed nothing for me. I'm trying to host a game my friends can join, not dedicated, but when I host one nobody ever joins me, and my friends always get a connection lost message when they try to. Please help, I'd hate to have bought this otherwise great game for nothing.
  6. DoomFree

DoomFree New Member

I have another problem, people can join my game, but it crash to menu when it starts
  7. kotay

kotay New Member

ports are open, no one can see my game in server, my friend hosted server, my other friend can join it, server browser shows 0 servers. crossfire shows 0 servers. Exit game, go back in, sometimes crossfire now shows servers, goto blitz, friends server not there, hit refresh, 0 servers, goto crossfire, 0 servers, restart again, same thing. Am i doing something wrong? Also are you fixing the server browser?
  8. someguyhunter

someguyhunter New Member

ever since the latest update, i cant host games.

before i had problems joining games but almost no problems hosting games. now people cannot join my server. sometimes they even put in the correct password and get a bad password error. plz fix these small issues that are ruining the multiplayer community.
  9. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Can you describe how you're setting up servers? Is it through the game, command line setup, etc?
  10. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Honestly since the beta I STILL CAN'T HOST A BLITZ GAME.

Ports are all opened and set up, and no firewalls to speak of.
    Geforce 9600 GT video card
    Pentinum D 3.6 GHz CPU
    would give you my motherboard if I knew that at all, but sadly I don't off the top of my head.

Trying to host said servers from in game, lessen so I can play with friends.

...a month later, still no fix, still can't get this to work...Is My PC in Japanese Unicode part of the issue or something?
  11. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

There isn't a general fix that we can do to get this to work since it already works for thousands of people. It comes down to a hardware setup issue. So lets look at your setup.

1) First of all, are you able to play online and join other servers without issues?

2) What kind of router to do you have, brand and model?

3) You say your ports are open, are they setup to these ranges?

TCP 27000-27050
    UDP 27000-27050
    TCP 7777-7780
    UDP 7777-7780
  12. DoomFree

DoomFree New Member

1) First of all, are you able to play online and join other servers without issues?
    Sometimes I can, Sometimes it just say unable to connect
    2) What kind of router to do you have, brand and model?
    Linksys WRT54G
    3) You say your ports are open, are they setup to these ranges?
    TCP 27000-27050
    UDP 27000-27050
    TCP 7777-7780
    UDP 7777-7780
    Yes

Sometimes I can host without a problem,
    sometimes I can't even join other game,
    sometimes when I host it just pops back to main menu without a single damn prompt

Can I at least see what's the cause of my problems?
  13. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

1)Yes and yes. A few times I'll get the hanging and the 'Connection to Host was lost', but normally those games only have the host in them anyway so I end up assuming they might be having similar issues.

2)2Wire, 2701HG-B

3)Yup, and even with the extra UDP, the attached screenshot showing that the settings where indeed saved and valid.

I honestly am at an Impass on WHY my PC would be hated out of anything else, but ehhh, I guess I'm just out of luck.

Attached Files:

14. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

I can play online just fine but when my friends and I try to play with each other against the computer we can't see their server and when we try to join through the Steam overlay menu it says the server is not responding.

I have no idea about ports and what not but I would imagine if I'm able to play online why should me or my friends hosting a game be any different? If you want me to open the ports, I'm assuming the ports in my router is what you are referring to, I think I might know what your talking about but not positive. When I look for other blitz games only 4 show up and two are passworded but we can't see my friends games. Any idea what to do?
  15. kotay

kotay New Member

1) not entirely, sometimes the browser shows 300 servers, sometimes 15, sometimes none at all and i have to keep exiting game and restarting it until a time i can see more servers.

2)netgear wgr614v9

3)those ports plus udp/tcp 1200 are open
  16. dopefisher

dopefisher Member

Is there a way to enable logging in as admin and using kick commands, etc, even when hosting on my own PC and not using a dedicated server? i.e, playing and hosting at the same time.

Yes, I do have an admin password setup in the hostileaccess.ini, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I host a listen server and play on it at the same time.
  17. dopefisher

dopefisher Member

Bump, because it's important, because I don't want to have to pay for a server just for the ability to be able to kick/ban.
  18. dopefisher

dopefisher Member

Hey could somebody official please say officially that logging in on a listen server does NOT work? Then I can stop trying to setup my password for admin which does not seem to work...
  19. dopefisher

dopefisher Member

Oh, so you can join your OWN dedicated server on the same PC? It won't have a problem with ports?
  20. OwMyToe

OwMyToe New Member

I posted in the Dedicated Server forum a couple of weeks ago with a question about server instances. Maybe I posted in the wrong place. I'm still having trouble with this - ports 7779 and 7780 work fine, but 7777 and 7778 stopped working and are still not working today.

I've got the 77/78 servers running and they look fine on the server end - I can see NetComeGo entries when I try to ping them - but they don't come up in either my Steam or MNC server list for either Internet or LAN. Servers 79/80 (Blitz/Crossfire) are fully functional.

The Blitz batch files are identical except for the ServerInstance variable.

Assistance, please?