"Server not responding"

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by HandOfCode, January 20, 2011.

1. HandOfCode

HandOfCode New Member

Every time my friends try to use the join command in the list they get "Server not responding" in the pop-up server info window, but they see the correct IP and port. 7777 - 7780, 27000 - 27050 ports (tcp and udp) are open and my firewall is set the same (also set to allow the game).

Also when I ran a dedicated sever I couldn't see it in the internet list but I could see it in my lan list (note: the lan box is unchecked each time) and was able to join it.

This issue has occurred in since patch 5 (I started playing 1 day ago, when patch 5 was out). I tested it this morning after patch 6 and it's still the same issue.

Edit: running windows 7

Going to try seeing what wireshark has to say to see if any packets are asking my server if it's home. They should be getting past the router just fine as I've hosted games on L4D and other valve games before where I had to open ports.
  2. longshot902

longshot902 New Member

Uber has said, I can't remember when or where, that joining games doesn't work yet. (I'm pretty sure they said that.) For now, just find the server and join manually.

Have you tried running a dedicated server outside of steam? This is the method I use and I haven't had too many problems yet. *fingers crossed*
  3. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Note that due to the way games are advertised, you'll always see games on your lan in your lan tab, regardless of whether or not they are also on the internet tab.