Server Mods: Community Playtests

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by aevs, June 21, 2014.

1. aevs

aevs Post Master General

It can be difficult for some to get community playtests started for server mods at the moment.
    Not all mod developers are able to gather a large enough group for playtesting through acquaintances alone, and announcing playtests from within the mods subforum is often fruitless (as is relying on randoms using the lobby system, on which modded games are hidden by default and very little information about the modded game is given). It's also hard to gather feedback from users when they may not even use the forums! For these reasons, I've decided to make this thread.

For those who find it difficult to attract server mod playtesters, this is a place to advertise your playtests! Feel free to link to your mods' threads so players can check them out, and so playtesters know where they can provide feedback on your mods. :D
  2. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Starting a playtest right now for my Cliff Planets mod:
    [​IMG]
    The game is being hosted on the current live build. Feel free to join, I'd love to get some feedback ;)
  3. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Accidentally forgot to set it to public :oops:. Anyway, it's open now!
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

This looks so cool! Come join! I want to see this mod in game!
  5. elodea

elodea Post Master General

That cliff mod looks truly amazing!! An example of a mod that actually has a shot at being integrated into the full game, and rightfully so. Pretty awesome stuff aevs.

Now, time to advertise my own wares:
    I'm sure you're all sick of PA lacking variety in unit compositions, playstyles, and build orders. Enter re-dox (dox revolution). The goal of the mod is to minimally redesign and balance the game to make gameplay alot more varied and fun, while still retaining the essence of vanilla PA. Basically, i am bringing bots up into line with tanks.

If you could put balance mods on a scale of how much the design diverges from vanilla, it would be something like redox -> statera -> rlm community balance.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/wip-re-dox.61019/

If you want to help playtest, i usually create games for this during the evening in Aus and idle for people.
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Saying that RCBM diverges more from vanilla than Statera is questionable seeing as how Statera adds new units while the RCBM avoids doing so unless orbital is being messed with.

Re-Dox is interesting as it appears to be taking the niche of "balanced vanilla", a niche which needs to be filled IMO unless Uber fixes their balance.