Server filtering.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Sefam, February 12, 2011.

1. Sefam

Sefam New Member

It would be nice to have some sort of server filters. It seems like everyone and their mom keep changing OT and regular match times. Personally I'd like to play on vanilla servers.
  2. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

There are already a few on the bottom right...

Of course if you mean they should add more specific ones, then yes, that'd be nice.
  3. Sefam

Sefam New Member

Well, they don't remove servers that:

1. Remove overtime
    2. Increase the game time
    3. Change the game's basic rules
  4. Sohldad

Sohldad New Member

Well, there used to be a filter in there that was for custom servers. I believe that it only listed ones that had changed the rules. I'm not exactly sure what all was filtered out though. I believe it was replaced with the password filter.
  5. Warskull

Warskull New Member

What Sefam is saying is that there should be a filter for default/vanilla servers. Like TF2, you can play on 32man insta-respawn, 24/7 2fort servers if you want. Those servers are crap, though. I don't want to be forced to sort through a ton of servers trying to appeal to noobs to find a good one.

A simple check box that only shows 15 minutes, 2 minute OT, with juice buying, bot buying, hazards, and class selection on is all that is needed. Heck, it could be made to hide vanilla servers too for people who love crazy settings.

The game could really use something like that.
  6. acanadianguy

acanadianguy New Member

If you look to the right, there is a list of server settings enabled and disabled.

I'm unsure if I want all that to be checked or uncheck in my filter. :shock:
  7. Providence

Providence New Member

Bad idea to divide the community.
  8. Infininja

Infininja New Member

What?

Anyways, I was actually going to make a similar post several days ago. I'd at least like any options that stray from default to be highlighted in the server details section, to make them easier to spot. For example, I don't mind 30 minute games, but removing the ejectors is dumb, so I could more quickly scan the list on the right to see what my selected server has messed with. The list is too long currently to scan the whole thing AND make it into the match before the server fills up.
  9. Akutare

Akutare New Member

I too would like some more specific server filters, so I can have my server list specifically not showing any servers that remove hazards and have juice buying.