Selection Groups

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bradburning, February 13, 2014.

1. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

So we all know what control groups are and they are very useful for pulling up groups of units or buildings that you need fast assess to. I typically have 4 or 5 active hot keys (using 1 to 6 keys) in use at any time and don't like using any more due to losing my hand's potion over the keyboard, and in all honesty with how quickly I am losing and making new command groups I dont want to have to track any more.

OK so because I use my Command groups for my harassing parties, nukes, commander, the workers repairing my com in combat, and any thing else I need fast; I never ever have the space for groups of factories in my control groups. I rarely find I need them in a hot key but I do very commonly find it painful to change the rally points for groups of factories at any time.

Solution: Selection groups, they are an easy enough idea you select one unit/building in a group you select them all. I really like this for buildings when I have lots and lots of groups of them scattered around. So these groups allow you to quickly change rally points with out having to tie up a hot key.
    cervantes1536 likes this.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Double click a unit to select all of that type. This works with the unit icons for the current selection as well.

You should also look through the keyboard settings.
  3. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

Yeah but I don't want to select all my factories that are on screen. Also that has a habbit of grabbing factories that you cant see. I know the hot keys for this game pretty well the hot keys guide on steam was made by me.
  4. FelixTCat

FelixTCat New Member

You would have to have an alt key (ctrl, shift or alt) to make this work though. Otherwise once in a group getting a single unit/building out of a group would be v.painful.
    bradburning likes this.