Select Team false by default

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Mail, January 28, 2011.

1. Mail

Mail New Member

I've been dealing with quite a few cases of teamstacking recently, and it's beginning to wear on my patience, so I took a look for a server with select team off. Out of every server I could see, only two had select team set to false, and they were not only 200+ pings, but also empty.

Can we please set team select off by default a guy like me can just join a server without worrying about a four man group consistently joining the same team to pubstomp, or the rare occasion where one person out of seven joins a team and everyone else ends up on the opposite one? Any decent server owner who does want team select need only set it to true, but this would allow more casual servers with more neglectful hosts to have consistently fair games.
  2. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I rarely see teamstacks. Just sayin'.
  3. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

Usually I see one high level player select a team then like, 3 levels 0s choose that team as well. Eh heh heh.
  4. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

that's why it would be best to just not pick a team. :lol:
  5. Mail

Mail New Member

That doesn't stop the kind of person who will immediately start switching to the team of the highest scorers immediately after a trouncing victory. It's frustrating to just constantly get stuck on the terrible team because I'm not enough of a **** to join in. I'd rather have it more randomly distributed, and have a higher chance of being able to make a difference.
  6. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I thought you meant "yourself" and scoring the highest I guess and picking teams. Well, nothing you can do if other people are picking teams and other people follow him I suppose.

I personally just don't pick teams until the last second to avoid problems such as described above. If I have friends with me, I just say "wait till 10 seconds to join my team" if I want to play with them.

Anyway, I guess you're right...
  7. Mail

Mail New Member

While I have scored pretty high and on occasion done really well against competent players(and more importantly with competent players), I can't say I could do it consistently, so no, I don't produce those results.

Generally when I play with friends we just voice chat and go with whatever team we're on.
  8. goathax

goathax New Member

Totally agree with this. Sometimes a little peer pressure works, but just making it scramble teams automatically would be a lot better. (Or perhaps sort by level or average money ranking per match or something so each side gets some good players.)
  9. Lord Wadsworth

Lord Wadsworth New Member

God yes.

I'd love it to not have all the level 40+s go to the same team just to steam-roll everyone. Really just makes the game suck when you try your hardest only to get trounced because youre stuck with the newbies.
  10. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Level says nothing in this game.
  11. Lord Wadsworth

Regardless, usually the higher the better, more playing experience.
  12. grimbar

grimbar New Member

The fact that I can reach max level without ever scoring any assist or kill should tell a lot about this statement.
  13. Lord Wadsworth

Sure you can, but it'll take longer. Generally though, the higher I've seen people, the better they are.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you'll do it as fast as others.

But fine, regardless of level, I constantly see team stacking. Which is pretty much ruins the game when you get steam rolled constantly.

And no, I'm not awful at this game, but I'm not amazing either. Just a casual player.
  14. Qtie

Qtie New Member

i always pick ? team.

go with tha flow, brah
  15. The Noid

The Noid New Member

I'm tired of people who had some bad games wanting to make it near impossible for me to play this game with my friends.

No, this is a terrible idea. The game works well as it is now, if anything it needs more support for group play.
  16. Mail

Mail New Member

Which is why there is a team decision thing in the first place, because some people don't really care who's on their team. The point is if you want to play a game with your friends on the same team, you can just go to one with select team as true, as all the best servers probably will have. This is so all the other servers aren't always stackfests where pretty much every person on the winning team picks that team round after round.
  17. The Noid

The Noid New Member

My point still stands, this is a terrible idea that would just reduce the ability of people to play with their friends thanks to a few whiners.

I can use the same logic and say "if you don't like it go to servers where it's disabled."

I don't think there's a strong enough case to make that the default though. The case is literally "We should make it harder for people to play with their friends because sometimes the teams aren't fair and I lose."
  18. Mail

Mail New Member

You can play with your friends just fine, wanting to stack teams constantly in pubs is ridiculous. I've almost had more fun playing against my friends than I have playing with them; when we are all on the same team the game is largely boring and ends quickly, and playing against them nets us hilarious shenanigans by which to hunt eachother down as a secondary objective.
    There are only two servers where select team is disabled, and they have terrible ping(unplayable and therefore empty).

Besides which if you want to constantly play with your friends, from what I hear a lot of people are asking for a lobby system like the xbox.
  19. Bun

Bun New Member

I'd like this, but not in the way suggested. Simply hide player levels when on the team select screen. That way you can still stick with friends but not get everyone rushing to join the same team as the guy with the highest level.

No fix for this of any kind would be annoying honestly, it really ruins a game when you get a bunch of 30-70 level people purposely joining together against a bunch of 2-20s, for obvious reasons (most obvious being they wont be an entire team of assassins).
  20. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Terrible idea, if you dont like the teams then go find another server, there are plenty to choose from, people like to play with friends, why should uber change that just to satisfy your personal selfish needs.

Just now I played against 5 guys who were obviously friends, they stacked but lost 80% of the time, their skills were below average so it did not bother me to play against them, if however they were high skilled and stacking, then i would just move on and find another server, no need to come whining on forums because of one bad game.

If you are not happy with the social aspect of the game then run your own server and disable team selection, problem solved.

This realy is a horrible horrible idea!