Seemingly Random Crashes while play PA:T

Discussion in 'Support!' started by rewdmister4, August 13, 2018.

1. rewdmister4

rewdmister4 New Member

Ill boot up PA:T and randomly while playing (sometimes 5 minutes in and sometimes 40 to 50 minutes in) the game will crash. I've verified game files already multiple times and have checked my graphics drivers twice and they are all up to date and good. My computers specifications (i7 4790k @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, and GTX 1070 8GB) should be enough to easily run PA:T so I'm confused by the crashing. Does anyone have any idea what the log files are alluding to or have a way to stop the crashing?

Attached Files:

2. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Please submit a DxDiag log as per
    https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Reporting_Issues#Reporting_Windows_Issues
  3. rewdmister4

rewdmister4 New Member

My bad. This is the one right?

Attached Files:

4. lulamae

5. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I had a similar issue using wifi. Try connecting with ethernet cable and see if problem persists.

You can check if it's the internet by doing a ping test. You can do this by opening cmd and typing:

Ping 8.8.8.8 -t

If you see lag spikes (changes in latency well over the average) this may be your problem. You can either use ethernet cable or change wifi channel if that is not an option
    Last edited: August 14, 2018
  6. rewdmister4

rewdmister4 New Member

It's not that. My pc is always wired in via ethernet and the thing you suggested came back constant.

The only thing I have on that list is shadowplay and the overlay is disabled so it's not running. I tried to boot the game in safe mode and I got the attached error.

Attached Files:

7. lulamae

Please submit the latest .dmp file from C:\Users\Drew\AppData\Local\CrashDumps
  8. rewdmister4

rewdmister4 New Member

I think the GTX 1070's drivers didn't enable during the safe boot. But that would make sense so I'm unsure of what all this means.

Attached Files:

9. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Could you take a screenshot or list the client mods you currently have installed?

The other thing I would try is to use display driver uninstaller and then install your drivers anew.
  10. rewdmister4

rewdmister4 New Member

is this what you are looking for? Capture.PNG
  11. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Yep. Nothing that would be expected to cause issues there though. You wouldn't happen to have a gpu/cpu/ram overclock would you?
  12. rewdmister4

rewdmister4 New Member

I did for a while. I didn't know it was enabled. I disabled it last night but had a crash earlier and couldn't even boot in safe mode. Im trying for a crash again right now and just running it till it crashes again to ensure that wasn't it.
  13. rewdmister4

rewdmister4 New Member

I think disabling the unknown overclock fixed it. I won't be able to test anymore for a few days but I haven't crashed yet.
    DeathByDenim, grandhomie and xankar like this.