Scout units

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ace902902, December 9, 2014.

1. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

Is it me, or is the skitter and the air scout (forgot its name) never used anymore? It's jobs seem to be done just as well by fighters and there is almost no actual need for a ground scout. So do we remove them? If you have an idea to fix this, please tell. Mabe decreasing fighters and bombers view range? Decreasing radar range? What do you think?
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Personally I believe the skitter should get its weapon back and become the unit that'd be inbetween the definitions of the bot and vehicle unit types.

It'd be quick yet not as quick as a bot, maybe 15, 18 speed. It's be a bit tougher, and have a bit of a heavier weapon perhaps. Also long vision range to make it still function better vision range, maybe even including a radar so it outperfroms the dox as a scout.
    matizpl likes this.
  3. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

The air scout is one of the first units I build every game. But after that I rarely use it unless going for cheese.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  4. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

I use it alot on large and massive planets, but in 1v1 matchmaking, those planets are not big enough to warrent scouting units...
    Also....Make Sunfish the dox of the sea!