Scoreboard Bot Kills

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Musica, February 14, 2011.

1. Musica

Musica New Member

Add bot kills because when I play assassin I end up top of the team with like 2 kills 8 deaths would be nice for my team to see I was actually working hard all round.
  2. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

I guess this would be nice, though the match earnings should already be a good indication of your bot kills.
  3. Musica

Musica New Member

yes but its a teamwork game and all it shows is deaths kills and assists.

I think the whole scoreboard could do with overhauling and making it show a lot more information.
  4. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

The addition of bot kill streaks was a good step towards encouraging teamwork and this suggestion would make being a useful player something to brag about.
  5. Musica

Musica New Member

Best take the scoreboard out all together then otherwise people might brag about their kills.

Yes being a useful player should be something to "brag" about your more use than that 15-0 sniper but at end of the game it looks like you did nothing.
  6. ricefrog

ricefrog New Member

Yeah, this sort of request has come up a few times, including from me. I really, really hope they're planning to overhaul the scoreboard to include more objective-oriented stuff.

If I'm really focused on goals as gunner I might get >100 bots, every annihilator the entire game, and kill over twenty turrets, but none of that is really recognized. It's really childish that that saps my enthusiasm, but it does.

Saying "it is reflected in the earnings" is weak. That's only valid if you agree 100% with the earnings given for various actions, and also don't care what they were specifically. There's no story or connection to the game you just experienced at all.

The best you can get with the current system is "huh, that's weird, the lead scorer didn't have that many kills. I guess he did something else worth money!"

The message is clear: Kills are respected more than all that other stuff.
  7. CWalkthroughs

CWalkthroughs New Member

Also show what type of bot was killed, and how many.

I think that would add on to this idea very well.
  8. Runie

Runie New Member

That would make things too cluttered.
  9. The Noid

The Noid New Member

Yeah each type of bot would be a bit much

But I do think 4 things would be awesome to have: Total bot kills, turret kills, turrets built/upgraded, and Annihilator uses.

You could even combine turret builds/upgrades and annihilator uses into some sort of "team support spending" dollar amount, as that would also reflect how much you helped out the team, maybe even more accurately, as a level 3 RockIt is much more useful than a level 3 Laser.

I also agree that it being "reflected in earnings" as it shows up right now is kinda bogus. It really doesn't tell you that much. Someone can just run around picking up all the cash from someone else's bot kills and top that chart, and pro kills earn a lot of cash too.