Score?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by diplomacyking, March 19, 2013.

1. diplomacyking

diplomacyking New Member

I'm really pumped about the game, its economy, its units and pretty much every aspect of the game but i would LOVE to hear some more about the score? The soundtrack of any game is really to me the biggest decider in what makes a good game and "AWESOME" game. So i was wondering if we could hear some more about the song choices?
  2. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

They're going to be entirely new scores, similar in nature to SupCom and TA but more epic. They announced this in the trailer, very brassy and orchestral.
  3. megrubergusta

megrubergusta New Member

I think there were some examples in one of the livestreams, but I can't remember where...

Edit: Got it:
    HERE!

Switch to 13:15 for the examples. But I recommend the 13 minutes before if you are interested how the sound is made.
  4. crystaline109

crystaline109 Member

I dunno if it's possible to be more epic than TA's score. That game had some of the best music ever written for a game.

Here's hoping I'm wrong!
  5. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Jeremy Soule is a hard act to follow for anyone in the Game-Score business.

I'm hoping we get something a little unique and new so it's more difficult to compare TA to PA, like-for-like.
  6. Nelec

Nelec Member

Very excited for this, not only the game be able to play great, but sound great at the same time :)
  7. xosk00

xosk00 New Member

:lol: When I saw the topic title, I was prepared to talk about a scoring system. Then I saw the OP. And oh boy! Was I wrong.

Anyway, I am very interested and excited by Howard's work. Seeing the live stream back then and seeing it again today just has me pumped to hear the full orchestral music in the release; That is when it is released.

Best wishes! :D
  8. bugalugsmcscruffin

bugalugsmcscruffin New Member

Hahaha, I thought the exact same thing.
  9. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

To get a feel for it watch the kickstarter trailer again :)

http://www.uberent.com/pa/

I love the brass, it`s so fat and stompy, darnit I watch that thing every day now, can`t get enough :lol:
  10. seniorpino

seniorpino New Member

Gustav Holst - Mars, the Bringer of War... From the album The Planetes anyone?

*edit*
    Link added for even easier access to epic music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I as atleast one person liked it.
    Last edited: March 22, 2013
  11. xosk00

xosk00 New Member

Oh man. Thank you. :D That is so similar to what I imagine full songs Howard would make.
  12. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

I'll have to admit I don't really like the music so far at all.
  13. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

Don't worry, there will be Dubstep. :lol:
  14. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

Oh I just thought...

Is there going to be music for the Alpha & Beta releases?

An early version of a track or two would be awesome.

The music was such fundamental part of the TA experience (at least for me) and I think it will be for PA too.