1. zordon

zordon Member

In supcom you had a player score. It was visible to everyone continuously. You could infer a lot of information out of that score.

What are peoples thoughts on score?
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Score: number of commanders turned into fireworks.

Nothing more is needed.

Stats and stuff post-game is great, and will be appreciated by a lot of people. But for the love of Brackman, not mid-game!
  3. zidonuke

zidonuke Member

Well instead of a score, what about a spy mechanic that allows you to access to information on a person's unit count, resources and more.
  4. zordon

zordon Member

Hmm spy mechanic?

Something like flying a spy plane over their forces and looking at what factories and units they've got? Sounds complicated.
  5. zidonuke

zidonuke Member

There is always that, but I'm talking about getting like a extended amount of overall information and stats, kinda like score :p
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

So send more than one plane?

Mike
  7. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

^^

I love this :D
  8. Zoughtbaj

Zoughtbaj Member

In a sense, you could have an intel menu that provides data on what buildings, units, and whatnot people have based on actual scouting information (#units gathered from radar, type of unit gathered from constant visual). As a quick glance, optional menu, that could actually be a quite useful mechanic. It could be misleading, true, but it could be less misleading than visual data.

+1
  9. zordon

zordon Member

I am of the strong opinion perfect intel is a bad thing.
  10. Zoughtbaj

Zoughtbaj Member

As am I. This system (the one that I mention, at least) would only be supplemental to actual visual data. As in, if you lose vision of units (plane gets shot down), the panel no longer shows those units. Buildings are a different matter of course, being persistent.

Still might be too much, I suppose.