Run PAMM >Install Mod> Play :(

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by jf3000, September 7, 2014.

1. jf3000

jf3000 New Member

Just wanted to ask when you pick the mod you want to install what am I exactly clicking on Single or Multiplayer? GW or Skirmish? Cos I tried the Single and there are no changes.
  2. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Is it a UI or Server Mod ?
    Did you check the mod is not only installed, but also enabled ?
    e.g below pic, first is disabled, second is enabled
    [​IMG]
    Did you run it through PAMM with "Launch PA" ?
    (and not "Safe Mode", because this disable them all, whether they are enabled or not)
  3. trialq

trialq Post Master General

• Server mod is for multiplayer and ai skirmish, when you are hosting
    • Client mod is for everything, unless it's specifically for galactic war or something other than a game (like a mod to alter the system editor)

Let us know the specific mods and we can help further.
  4. jf3000

jf3000 New Member

Chose server mod and selected AI Skirmish. The mods I chose have the blue circle in them. They're:

Comm Yard
    Remove Eco
    Storage Wars

Now I have selected just one at a time and loaded the game and nothing, tried 2 of each and loaded and nothing and all three and still nothing.

The mods are activated but in game not working.
  5. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

When sitting in the pre game lobby, try and load a planet/system. It should then load server mods and a new box will appear in the bottom left hand corner (if it worked).
  6. trialq

trialq Post Master General

They are my mods, lets do this :p

All three mods shadow the commander, which means they are incompatible with each other. Shadowing is the only way we have to implement server mods like this right now, which is unfortunate. So first off only use them one at a time (you can mix server mods if they don't shadow the same thing).

I just tried comm yard on its own and it works:
    PAMM
    comm_a.jpg
    Lobby
    comm_b.jpg
    In-Game
    comm_c.jpg

Tested with the rallus commander. Try this mod alone using the rallus instead of whatever you were using, on the off-chance the mod has a bug with whatever commander you were using.
  7. jf3000

jf3000 New Member

All good I have all 3 mods installed then modified the mods slightly, reminds me of the days in TA with the +radar etc :)

I also noticed that the static commander can build almost everything except the metal extractor yet it can build the energy ones, why was it left out?
    Last edited: September 14, 2014