[RQST]Missing UI Fix

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by theshinesprites, November 30, 2014.

1. theshinesprites

theshinesprites New Member

I'm not sure if this is possible, and I doubt it is, but would there be a way through modding to "re-add" some of the missing effects us poor old AMD users have?
    List of what we cannot view:
    • Annihilaser's laser. The effect of it firing, and the "puncturing" of the planet still view, but not the laser.
    • Metal spot icons
    • Catalyst spot icons
    • North/South Pole
    • Spawn numbers/arrows
    Again, I don't think this is possible, but if it is, how hard would it be? I, personally, imagine it as just adding a new effect that appears as well as the old one.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Main problem is fact, that person who would craft such mod need GPU that having such problem for testing. Blind testing when only other person have old GPU is take too much time.

And if you're play PA a lot it's would be easier to just install some live Linux distribution on USB stick together with Steam/PA because it's only require one tiny fix and work properly (though exactly latest release a bit buggy).
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

is this a linux issue? I've never seen missing metal spot icons for example.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

No it's AMD legacy drivers issue on Windows: HD3XXX, HD4XXX.

Linux have own open source drivers for those GPUs so issue not present here. Though as far as I understand Ubuntu 12.04 also have old proprietary drivers working and they likely also don't have this issue, but they're old crap with still possible better performance.
    cola_colin likes this.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

But HD3000 and HD4000 are both Intel GPUs, no?
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

No in "ancient" times there were cards like the "Radeon HD 4850"
  7. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I too had this problem. Just buy a new graphics card. They really ain't that expensive. You need a HD5XXX or higher to get it all right.