Rogue Blades' Youtube Channel (now with commentary!!!)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat Gameplay Videos' started by Rogueblades, March 20, 2011.

1. Rogueblades

Rogueblades Active Member

Take a look around the channel for some high-level assassin play. I hope to add more videos regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRogueblades?feature=mhum

Add me, Play with me, ??????, Profit. Please leave comments on my videos as well. This lets me know that people are interested and it also gives you the place to voice your opinions on my gameplay, commentary, and quality. It is just all-around helpful.

Thanks guys and remember, Stay Sneaky!
    Last edited: March 20, 2011
  2. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Not bad. Not bad. Makes me want to get the PC version.
  3. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ucwD8uCo4 comments.

Three money ball drops. Three.

Keeping the ball down is worth any death. You even mention how important it is. Yet you don't do it, yet every time were in perfect position to do so.

Additionally, you had juice on an exposed core yet somehow ended up dying without ever using it.

Stop saving that juice for a rainy day and find a place to use it as soon as practical.

Why?

I guess you want to play slayer assassin or something. That is only going to work when the other team is overall quite poor as in the video.
  4. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Fireman, why do you think you're the only one on the forums that knows how to play the game?

NOBODY CARES THAT YOU WANT TO WATCH 3 MINUTE VIDEOS. GO MAKE SOME OF YOUR OWN INSTEAD OF TALKING CRAP ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE'S.
  5. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Do you have a youtube channel? Dailymotion? Metacafe? Any other video site that no one cares about? Why don't you upload some videos of how you play, or show me some videos you've uploaded. Because it would be nice for you to show people how to play, instead of coming to people's threads and telling them.
  6. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Why not discuss the questions raised instead of attacking me? The first game linked should have been a nice 8 minute game or so. Hardly a curbstomp but not really close either.

I'm only concerned with the actual content of the games. This video was stated to be a tutorial of sorts for assassin. The examples provided do not, in my opinion, provide a good set of advice to learn from as the most important aspect of the game is non-existent.

For a tutorial type video, I expect you to play well, annihilator every cooldown, keeping the money ball down even at the cost of a death, et cetera. These ideals were not followed. Explicitly so, showing himself to be near the money ball with the shurikan launcher out and not keeping the ball down.

As to my videos, I do not have any. I attempted to use fraps but it is limited to 30 seconds and I do not feel it is worth whatever dollars and however many hours to show my epeen to the rest of the world. I have posted a few videos of other games. You can choose to find them if you wish, but since I have no MNC I will not post the link here.
  7. Millennium

Millennium New Member

+1 Subscriber for you! c:
    Typing this as I watch "She's my Lady Luck..."
    Keep the videos coming! :D
  8. Rogueblades

Now now now guys, Fireman is mostly right in his comment. I do stress the importance of keeping the ball down, and from playing with him, I know that he is an all business player. He does what it takes to win and he would be an asset to any team.

But, his style is not my style. In response to your comment about my dying with juice Fireman, i mentioned that i forgot that i had even built it and highlighted it as the MAIN mistake of that game. I do not claim to be perfect and I feel like this (any every video after) shows that even I make mistakes. But keeping a steak alive is something i will cover later. A lot of new players are more concerned with just getting a grasp on the game and not so much with streaking. I however, like to build streaks. I like to have that $500 to snag a clutch juice in the mid or late game. Ok so I let a ball come back up. I can rectify that mistake with a bot push paired with a juice run on the ball later.

Still, your comments are noted and helpful. As I learned in other spheres of competitive gaming, critiques are more important than praise for personal advancement.....

But I do like the compliments too haha :D

Edit: Also, Flawless support w/ commentary is on the way, so stay tuned!
  9. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Fair enough.

Though I would say that upgrading those skills and such should be looked at for what is actually useful and what is merely nice to have.

I mostly play assault and the main thing is that should the money ball drop early, I'll forgo buying skills to get a juice run on the money ball in the first 2 minutes if the opportunity arises. The same idea can be applied to all the classes.

From my perspective, assassin only need $550 to fully flesh out capabilities. Any cash beyond this is generally best to spend on juice chains and just keeping the opposing team on lockdown.

Of course I have only limited time spent on assassin so I claim no authority.

Regarding juice, it wasn't so much dying with it that I meant to highlight as it was the reluctance to immediately try to create a chance to win with it. Your tactic of "rainy day" juice has it's merits for sure, but I find it far too risky in general and instead concentrate on forcing the other team to play defensive by just keeping the pressure on via spam, juice runs or whatever else you can do.

The other thing from watching a few other videos that I noticed is that you spend a lot of juice time while the ball is down killing turrets and players instead of just shooting the ball. Removing turrets and players is good, but killing the ball is better in my opinion.

Play style I suppose, but this is what I've found that works the best. Go after the only metric that actually matters and such.
  10. Rogueblades

Good games with you last night fireman, fun and tough as always :D

New video coming either this afternoon or night about my thoughts on KDR, Competitive mentality, and the like. I know you are all so excited to hear that again lol. Should be good, hope you all like it.

Finally, thank you to those who have voiced anything about my videos. Every bit of information is helpful and nice to see.

Stay sneaky,

Rogue Blades
  11. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Funny, I've played for 150 hours now and never came across you.

Need to know how you compare to me as assassin. Already did it with Marmalade and there aren't a whole lot of other good assassins out there.

And about the whole money ball thing. I also don't keep it down. I try to get it down but I usually don't attack it except I know the other team is good or I just happen to have juice while being close to it. Games would otherwise end too fast and I'm not a fan of that.
  12. Rogueblades

Yea i have about 200 hours logged so far and iv not run across you either. feel free to join me in game whenever!
  13. Rogueblades

New video where i discuss Styles of play, Kdr, the Competitive Mentality, and the state of the game in general. Its a bit long but I hope you all enjoy it!

Stay sneaky,

Rogue Blades
  14. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Ouch, called out!

I would say that on a no-juice purchase server KDR style play is vastly superior to objective play. Juice box drops are much more valuable (along with the necessary survivability concerns) and so is the Juicebot. Not exactly my preferred playstyle but that's pretty much what's needed.

I don't think I really agree with the short (objective) vs. long (KDR) term thinking that you hypothesize. I'd say its more about attempting to capitalize on a minor advantage while accepting the much higher risk. For a KDR style that means you need a more obvious advantage to attempt an attack. Short vs. long term somewhat fits but probably needs to be fleshed out a bit rather then a comment in passing in my opinion.

The TF2 example is decent. I've played a bit of competitive TF2 to know that it's not so much push/pull as it is making a decision and then immediately acting on it. Obviously no one will push at 80% uber charge and risk an uber drop, but if you are sitting 5 vs. 3 with 20% uber (or even no medic) you should pretty much pressure right then. The hesitation factor is pretty much the worst option you can take, because it gives the other team time to initiate their own attacks and defenses so that when you are forced to a fight they are in a better position.

Good video though.

Lots of laughs at the "comp mindset" then directly to "nerf assault!" though :p
  15. Rogueblades

Hey guys, nothing really in the way of video footage these past few days. I'v been trying to learn assault and im still working out the kinks in that class. It might be fun to put up a video of me failing hard though! Everyone loves a good fail video after all.

Stay Sneaky,
    Rogue Blades
  16. Vlane

Vlane New Member

17. Rogueblades

ahhh i love that video. EvilD is the bomb! (get it, nudge nudge, wink wink)
  18. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Ahh, soon you will too dislike the lunge face grapple damage!

Bomb2/Charge2 at start, fill in as needed after that. Bomb3 is very worthwhile, passive2/3 has uses but can be skipped. Fly2/3 is worthless all around :(
  19. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I don't quite agree.

Starting with the fact that a good assault will never, ever be killed by assassin.

Passive 2 is very important because it gives you a money advantage very early on (you don't have to buy most of the pads) and Fly is very good on maps like Grenade III.
  20. Rogueblades

iv been doing the "standard" assault opening, going passive2/charge2 out of spawn and then straight to bomb 3. After that its juice money. God assault is so good. although I'm starting to notice a serious problem with my assault. The second I pop juice, I completely lose the ability to aim at anything at all. Look for some kind of video in the near future!

Stay sneaky,
    Rogue Blades