Rocket League

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by tatsujb, August 3, 2015.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Why all the hype?

just why oh why? it's just RC cars... (ok yeah, big fan of those, had a couple as a kid, anyone remember this bugger? :
    [​IMG])

...combined with soccer.... ughh...!

well.

the thing is strapped with a physics engine, ....disrespects the laws of physics when it comes to adherence and centrifugal force in the most gruesome of ways..... ...it's fun as all hell.

The game starts up for the first time and warns me with a big annoying warning in the middle of the screen that this game is best played with a controller, I'm like : "F That! Pc master race!"

I try the tutorials and can't score or defend to save my life... ...I have the most frustrating experience ever.

Considering steam refund then, consider going out and buying a controller. (after all I need it for towerfall anyways, which I haven't been able to play thus far)

I go out and get it, and ... miracle ... a thing I've never held in my hand before makes making the RC vehicle do my bidding spontaneous and straightforward!!

....and it's a lot of freaking fun! the first online match I play is a Ranked match, cuz I'm feeling really spunky all the sudden, and what do you know my team wins and they line up a perfect shot for me which I score!

uhhh....

I feel like there's nothing more I can say to make this game's standing any better, but hey, maybe my little word is worth a damn.

I feel like the dev's knew all about timing here. This game is all about timing. I mean look at this release date! nothing else is going on, all the big triple A's are set for the end of the year. and here's this guy, probably been ready awhile, still loads to do but those things are not core to gameplay, not by a long shot : a differentiating and stats system for all the equipment (if that is what they have in mind, but I doubt they don't) as right now every single thing you unlock is purely cosmetic, I repeat : NONE of the stuff you can choose changes anything. but hey I really like it that way, gameplay really shines for it, since balance is pitch perfect.

If you wanna watch a let's play to get you pumped I can't recommend any better than Day9's (reputable starcraft guru and crowd coach) :

2. tatsujb

ark's dead already.
  3. arseface

arseface Post Master General

My friends really like it but I can't justify the purchase right now.

Chances are it'll die pretty quickly too. I'd buy it if I weren't busy penny-pinching.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  4. tatsujb

guys! guys! guys!

: D : D : D : D (shame it didn't count but still)
  5. Geers

Geers Post Master General

The REAL master is here:

6. tatsujb

saw that one ! : D
  7. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Our office has been playing the Edinburgh office at lunchtimes, it looks pretty fun.
  8. tatsujb

you should try it, I was pleasantly surprised.
  9. tatsujb

10. tatsujb

it's funny to me that someone who doesn't know yatzee will think this is a bad review ^^
  11. tatsujb

12. tatsujb

I've gotten decent now. Did Anyone get to try Rumble ? it's a blast!
  13. tatsujb

am using a controller. helps alot.

xbox 360 controller was awesome

I switched to steam controller it's even better.

yeah maybe i'll hit him up