Ring Out!! AAAAAHHHH!!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Grumpy, August 19, 2010.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

For the past 10 games I've been in there have been 3+ assaults on the enemy team. And every time I see one and go in for the kill, they lunge 20+ feet and throw me 100 feet off the edge. Does anyone think that the assaults grapple should be toned down? I play as gunner most often, and for me to grapple and throw I have to be in melee range. The assault just charges... and then I deploy!!! :twisted:
    Last edited: August 19, 2010
  2. DCtheEE

DCtheEE New Member

That's there because otherwise the assault isn't all that effective. They're meant to be a strong short-range class. If they didn't have the dash and grapple, it'd be a serious nerf since they don't have a terribly large health pool and need something they can mash to even begin to compete with a gunner/tank.
  3. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

I beg to differ, because the assault's rifle is actually quite powerful with the right endorsements. The assault has 150 health and the gunner has 200. I also noticed that you play assault regularly, so you are biased somewhat towards him.
  4. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

Their a strong short-range class? Sorry, but that is what a Tank is. I don't know how many Assault's kill me by ring outs, which I can never do to them(Their jet-pack/boost can get them back in) I'd rather their charge do more damage then Ring me out. Plus their Charge beats my charge....A tank vs a skinny black dude who takes LARGE steps. What's more annoying then being knocked from their spawn to yours while all while being out of bonds.
  5. DCtheEE

DCtheEE New Member

I've played all the classes and I'd hardly say I'm biased. The dash up until level 3 is essentially the same as using the $50 ejector you can find lining the arena, except it's not an AoE. In fact, if we're talking several enemies, I'll always choose the ejector route because it's cheap and won't get me destroyed by a gunner.

As for the level 3 grapple, it's the only thing that does differentiate it from the ejector. A grapple that does a good amount of damage AND launches the enemy? You might as well be complaining about the one-hit kills from the Assassin grapple (combined with a dash on higher armor enemies) at that point.

Keep in mind that if an assault misses a dash (which happens quite often, especially if you're in a group of bots), your slam could take it out quite easily.
    Last edited: August 19, 2010
  6. DCtheEE

DCtheEE New Member

Let me rephrase that, short-medium range. I'm having issues trying to type since I haven't had NEAR enough coffee to wake me up.
  7. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

Without the charge the assault wouldn't be all to great and definetly alot less fun/rewarding to play though, it's annoying like every other instakill ability but there is alot you can do to not get ringed out as much.
    Just try to strafe more and keep range or jump even :)
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

The assault can't grapple you if you deploy. And everyone says deploy is pointless...
  9. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

Only pointless if an assassin if swiping at their back or throwing shurikens at their head :D
  10. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

Support is Overpowered! Oh wait...wrong thread, sorry. :D
  11. hksonx

hksonx New Member

tbh the ring out of gunner's slam is much more annoying
    i hope slam will be nerfed in the future
  12. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

Super Secret Hax to avoid just for you... "A Button"
  13. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

Derp...I should of thought of deploying when I knew a charge was imminent, thanks Neutrino :D Man is deploy so OP.
  14. Glenn ZA

Glenn ZA New Member

As a preferred Assault player, this is something I enjoy. Outta My House!! :twisted:

Especially vs. Tanks and Gunners. The bigger they are, the harder they fall!

All in all I think all classes are balanced. Find your strength and stick to it, find your weakness and improve it.
    ;) :cool:
  15. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

It is kinda useless unless you have coordinated healing.