Rev's Wishlist

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Rev Rabies, March 18, 2011.

1. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

Skins skins skins skins skins

Assault bomb: No recharge when deployed/assault takes full damage from it.

Airstrike: Cooldown decreased

Shotgun: Range heavily decreased

Hurt gun, range decreased and/or DPS increased

Sniper rifle: Explosion changed to incindiary

Assassin: no more lung/smoke bomb fails, smoke bomb blinds for longer and slows, also, don't know if this is a bug or not, but the 2nd kick in the 3 kick melee does barely anything compared to the other to.

Gunner: Damage to moneyball increased, mortar grapple damage increase, remove slowing bullets.

Scramblers: slow effect on drain

Bouncers: less spawn occurance on spunky

Lazer blazer: higher DPS, shorter range

Also, new skins
  2. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

If the shotgun's range was decreased, wouldn't that actually require shoving it up something's *** before being able to hit anything with it? Just saying. To me, it already seems like it has a pretty damn short range so when I'm actually able to hit a player in a laggy situation(read: any time I play) I'm amazed.

Decrease ability of the HHG? How about no? It already requires a gold rate of fire endorsement to be useful for healing/repairing/overhealing, let alone damaging anything other than slims, gremlins, or buzzers without juice.

Scrambler nerf? I'd want to pass on that. They're already so incrediby niche-y that they won't be worth buying even in pubs, nerfing them seems like a terribly idea to me.

Laser turrent has a higher DPS but shorter range? Eh, I'd be more in favor of juice drain or a fire effect as others have suggested instead. I think they're fine as-is except for their juice building abilities, but of course that's just me.
  3. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

The Shotgun's range is rediculous

And that change is supposed to buff the HHG by making it stronger, but forcing the support to be closer

Again, that's a buff for the scramblers, how is slowing down the people they drain a nerf?
  4. Totally Not Grec

Totally Not Grec New Member

They Assault bomb is like that because the devs intended it to be used for bomb jumping like sticky bomb jumping or rocket jumping in TF2

They incendiary rounds for the sniper would be too big a nerf, he needs the bot killing power. Plus it's really difficult to change that, maybe if he had explosive rounds on bots and incendiary rounds on pros and the fire spread on pros next to the flaming pro. Pro.

Shotgun's fine as is, unless you're an Assassin. Which you are.
  5. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

I think it's fine regardless of which end I'm on of the boomstick. Like I said, if the range were nerfed any further it'd need to be physically up another player's *** to actually hit anything. Then, Uber would need to spend time making all the new animations of the Support cleaning his shotgun after giving those buckshot enemas.

I missed the context of it slowing down players. I thought it meant reducing the skill drain effect. But yeah: that's a good one. Turn them into floating shaveice turrents(albeit weaker of course) and suddenly they have some use! Or give them juice drain. Whichever, each idea sounds fine(though both would probably be a wee bit OP even as easy targets that scramblers are).

The range is fine as-is. If the range is reduced, it'll be practically impossible for a Support to heal/repair anything without taking damage from frag rounds/grenades/mortars. It's not like a Support sticking to a single turrent is a game breaker by any means: he's basically paralyzed as far as offense goes, no matter how skilled they are they simply cannot do this to more than one target at a time, and there's always juice and/or teamwork to overcome it. If the range was reduced, his offensive abilities would be even further nerfed(even with a boost to healing/damage rate) and he'd become moot in base defense because a single Assault, Gunner, or Sniper could kill him while he tries to keep a turrent from going down. Support's had enough nerfs as it is. Not that he should be able to go rambo, but he sure as hell shouldn't be completely worthless.

But an unintended side-effect was being able to use it like rocket jumping...on enemies. It's pretty difficult to defend against it's abuse, especially if you're literally behind the events of the game due to lag(oh hello there, bomb that-was-never-on-my-screen!) and your class and/or terrain doesn't allow a good chance of repelling the enemy Assault without getting nailed by the bomb and RO'ed.

You forgot to italicize that last Pro, but beyond that and the contagious burning(haha STD joke) burning it sounds like a good twist on the idea.
  6. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

i think you forgot about customizable skins ;)
  7. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

I like this idea but I also think accuracy needs changing for it.
    If you run gold accuracy I think the reticle should be bigger
    than the non-endorsed reticle so it hits more like a sawn-off
    ie you hit everything in the reticle making it more effective but
    most definately shorter ranged.
    I know the shotgun broke GoW2 but I don't think this would be
    too bad.
  8. Govnerplatypus

Govnerplatypus New Member

I agree with all of this except one thing. Don't decrease shotgun range by all that much, but lets say 75% of the current range. I cry like a **** when I get killed by a support who kills me when i'm so freaking far away. And Rev:
    ?? don't make sense, one is pro HHG, other contra?

Ya, and well the Sniper. No.
    Last edited: March 29, 2011
  9. F5in

F5in New Member

Terrible idea. You already have to be REALLY close to deal any damage. The reason you think it has such a far range is lag, not the shotgun

It's fine as it is. If you increase the DPS then Supports can go up to enemy bots and sap their health while being extremely resilient. Decrease range? just wat

No... The only thing that needs to be nerfed with the Sniper is his ability to create multiple explosions with each bullet, and each explosion dealing it's own damage. He should only be able to make 1 explosion per shot.

Pretty much everything else I agree with.
  10. engnrurfaceoff2

engnrurfaceoff2 New Member

Just try to say that wipping poop off of the shot gun after the kill wouldn't make the sweetest taunt in the game... Also the shotgun wouldn't be able to fire again until you taunt due to jamming issues.
  11. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

When my host shotgun kills someone a mile away from me it's not lag. It's the ridiculous range of the shotgun.
  12. F5in

F5in New Member

That's because they have low health. If you think the shotgun does a lot of damage at long range then you have bad perception.
  13. engnrurfaceoff2

engnrurfaceoff2 New Member

Also you have to double taunt. One taunt to clean the gun. Then the second is to clean your hands, otherwise the support drops his gun with every weapon change, and when you try to throw an air strike it goes in random directions.
  14. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

No, they don't have low health. It's possible that you're the one with bad perception.
  15. F5in

F5in New Member

Uh huh

Notice how it's only Assassins that seem to complain about the shotgun.
  16. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Notice how people always end up saying something about Assassins complaining the most when they have nothing left to argue. Just because I main Assassin doesn't mean I don't play other classes extensively.
  17. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

The Sopurt's shotgun is FINE. FINE. FINE. I am an assassin and I am saying this. It. Is. FINE. No nerf or buff or whatever needed.
  18. F5in

F5in New Member

All you did was repeat what I said, lolhypocrite.
  19. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

It's easy to escape the shotgun's range with every class except maybe another support. Gunners can claw and fly above its range, tanks can tank jump away with charge, assault can charge away, assassin can just smoke bomb jump/lunge away, and snipers have ice traps/should never be that close anyway.

The shotgun is fine.