Revamp Mod for Supreme Commander 2

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Bastilean, August 9, 2015.

1. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

This mod has taken years of work with nothing more than visual releases of work they were performing until now. I really don't know where OverRated found the passion for this and Avitus is a young guy with a lot of talent and humility.

If you have a copy of Supreme Commander 2 it's worth checking out the alpha of their mod to see how much they have accomplished. These guys deserve a lot of praise. Hopefully, they have bright futures. I really enjoyed my first taste of 2.0 - Bast

http://www.moddb.com/mods/revamp-mod
    kjotak109 likes this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Played revamp before, it's been a while though. It's got a couple of weird decision and it really necessitates the asking of the question "Why play SupCom2 modded to be more like FA when you can just play FA?".

Don't get me wrong, what they're doing is great, but I don't see much point to it.
  3. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

That's an interesting question. There are actually a lot of good answers:
    1. FA is not modded with many of the cool things Supreme Commander 2 has.
    2. Supreme Commander 2 has a better graphic engine.
    3. Unique units add unique play styles and maneuvers.
    4. To see it and do it in a interesting and glorious way.
    5. It's not trying to be FA, but it is trying to capture what's missing from FA while creating new gaming space.

On a side note. It's not the revamp you played before. The work they have performed is truly worthy of the 2.0 they have added to the title of the mod.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I'll have to check it out again then.
  5. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I've played 8 matches of RVE 2.0 to be exact. OverRated and Avitus 12 (the creators of the mod) have done a fantastic job with how they tried to bring back the spirit of Forged Alliance and how they created the units, especially the Cybran ones (the dragon and the scorpion are two of my favorite ones).

It's a work in progress, as some features are missing and some units are unbalanced (overpowered or underpowered), but overall, it made a good first impression for a first alpha. I am looking forward to what they have to offer next.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

i have NEVER heard of this mod /s ;)
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It's a good mod.

But I still have a taste for the vanilla gameplay....for some reason.
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

this mod looks so much like "throw a fully loaded ULCS worth of complexity into the game" ... which to be honest i don´t find neccesarily good ..

still props for them on the whole grafical stuff ... like avitus realy puts a ton of work into his models .. it´s rediciulous