Retrieving Galactic Wars Commander Description/Rough Ideas for The Four Factions

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by LancerHalsey, January 3, 2018.

1. LancerHalsey

LancerHalsey New Member

Hi, guys.
    I'm planning to work on an new mod that actually make factions different from each others.
    But I need to read some in-game content first, so nothing in my little project conflict with existing lore.

First I opened the file folder and look around, but found nothing.
    Is there a file folder specifically for staff in Galactic Wars? Or they are scattered across folders?

Also, here are some initial thought on the four factions. Share them here for if anyone is curious.

Ligionis(or should it be Ligio?) : Roman themed. Slow, Static, and Strong. Defensive. Have special defensive structure and good artillery.
    Revenant : Mad Max or something like that. Fast and Furious. Offensive. Have something related to salvage wreckage on the field.
    Fondation : Medieval knights and crusaders. Elite, have less unit on the field but still stand toe to toe with others.
    Synchronization : Hive Mind like Tyranid from wh40k. Unit in the synchronization range receive buff, and those who don't receive debuff. Have lots of grunt that is cheap, and some medium and large unit to keep wifi coverage and do the heavy lifting.

If you guys have any suggestions, leave below.
  2. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

Last edited: January 4, 2018
  3. LancerHalsey

LancerHalsey New Member

Thank you for your reply, but the second link is somehow broken.

And beside, thats not exactly what I want.
    I've seen the information in the first link long ago, and those seems...lacking.
    They are overviews of factions, and nothing more.

What I want is those description that shows up when you attack enemy commander, and a way to retrieve them from game files.
    I don't rly want to grind through another round of Galactic Wars just to manually write down those text, that will be some PitA.
  4. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

5. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

had a similar idea a while ago.
    the lore for the revanenants has them upgrading themselves and building new commanders out of fallen enemies. I would give them beastly commanders, crappy metal extractors, efficient reclamation and repair and a variety of sub commanders like the colonel. commander has storage for days, baby.

legionis model themselves after the romans and old school militaries in general. turtly direction like you said, but i think they would get rid of titans in favour of a more conservative third tier of units.

the foundation worships the great machine (what they think created commanders), and have been searching relentlessly for it. i would give them super intel gathering structures and units, as well as very speedy units.

the synchronus merge their minds in an attempt to escape existential dread, and hate biological life. I never really got past what i thought they'd look like..
  6. LancerHalsey

LancerHalsey New Member

My thousand thanks here, you save me quite lot of time.

These content do help. I've came up with some ideas about subfactions based on some commanders with strong personality.

I'll put things together in next couple days, then I'll start a new thread on general discussion board, as there are more people.