Rethinking the firebase

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Immortal303, March 9, 2011.

1. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Just a couple of tweaks that I think would be fun.

Id like to be able to deploy my firebase on any surface. Walls, ceilings. Probably a balance issue there, but I think it could definately make things interesting.

Lvl 3 fire base heals turrets. This would add a new dimension to firebase placement.
  2. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

That sounds silly. I can see firebases being stuck on spawn buildings and side of doors. Next thing the map will be covered in heat mats. When going up lifts you could throw it in stupid places, out of reach and out of air strike range. Assassins wouldn't be able to smoke bomb. Also pretty lame in the way you wouldn't be able to heal it in those places, so you wouldn't do it anyway.
    Putting it on a wall within healing distance? Not much difference to it being on the ground except maybe annoying assassins who can't smoke bomb or sword it. Healing towers with it? It'd have to be slow. I don't like the thought of 1 support being able to heal with firebase and heal gun at same time. Seems like it could out heal the mortars?

However, taking some points, there could be a edit to the supports passive OR hack to add a health regen percentage to the towers/firebases when you are nearby/ hack it?

._.
  3. Flawed

Flawed New Member

This

People already find tricky places to put it. This would make it ridiculous!

On a side note I've ALWAYS thought support's passive should VERY SLOWLY heal near by pros, bots and turrets. (NOT yourself)
  4. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

That would be pretty cool too, Flawed. A healing "aura".

The firebase placement sounds ridiculous, until u really think it through. If you wanna be a jackass and throw your firebase at the peak of a lift to stick it to the steel peel ceiling, you're a moron. Now u cant hack it, or retrieve it until somebody kills it.

I dont picture the ability to place 3.3 firebases all over an arena. Just to change the angles we currently put them. Slap it on a wall, or low ceiling, and its unejectable, prolly pretty hard to airstrike. Just a thought.

The firebase healing turrets. I just figured this would provide a lil incentive to leave it at home. Defenses are weak as it is. Extending the fb healing to turrets wouldnt change much.
  5. IrradiatedRadex

IrradiatedRadex New Member

Cool idea but it would work out too well.

I always play on lag and a 3.3 Firebase swiss cheeses me in 1 second even when I'm around a corner.

Imagine Firebases attached under bridges, the Ammo Mule, spawn rings, etc.

It'll be a mess.
  6. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I dont think theyd be all over the place. You wouldnt be able to just toss one up over your head to the ceiling, unless you didnt want to hack or retrieve it. Was just a thought
  7. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

no, they would be safe from airstrikes and ejectors while still being out in the open
  8. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

And vulnerable to every other attack in the game.
  9. destructamental

destructamental New Member

I believe this is an amazing idea. It deserves recognition.
  10. Flawed

Flawed New Member

If you'd be a moron to put your firebase anywhere you can't hack it or retreive it, why do you want:
    The only reason I can think of is that you want to put it in that perfect place where you can hack it and retrieve it but it's not vulnerable....like I said ridiculous!
  11. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

There would probably be a couple of weeks of goofy placements. I'm not saying I would put it somewhere useless. I know a little bit about how to play the support class. For instance, for every spot you can put a firebase, there's a way to kill it.

I don't NEED a new perfect spot to put my firebase, just thought it would add a new wrinkle in Support tactics.

As far as the lvl 3 firebase healing turrets, I think this is a more realistic request. I play offensive support. I usually have my firebase deployed somewhere forward for a retreat spot, and to keep enemy bots in check.

If my firebase could heal a turret, this would provide some sweet turret/firebase combinations. It wouldn't have to be a huge amount of healing, but a lil boost would be nice for defensive positions. I might be more apt to build a 3.3 shaveice and drop my 3.3 fb close enough to give the shaveice a lil health boost. I could do this now, without the healing, but combos like that would give us new ways to look at defense. Consider a cluster of firebases, two or three, spread out , but close enough to heal each other. airstrikeable of course, but a nasty trap nonetheless.