[REQUEST] Allways 2 planets in GW battle, no hostiles in my planet

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Swatti, July 19, 2015.

1. Swatti

Swatti Member

I was undet the impression this was PLANETERY annihilation... So why is that a-hole in MY PLANET!? GTFO!!

Simple idea. EVERY battle has atleast TWO planets and hostile commander ALLWAYS starts at the planet where player is not in.
    If player has sub-commander, he starts off in players planet OR his own if there is a third planet. Or simply add one planet for each commander. Everyone starts of with their own pieace of rock.

GW battles last mere ~15min with a sub-com and get too hectic with higher difficulties, i want longer games and more fun base-building and not early-rushing.
    sgrock likes this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

[​IMG]
    In any case, I doubt what you ask for is even possible.
  3. Swatti

Swatti Member

My connection isn't good enough for multiplayer games... Took me couple tries to post this topic.

Before the recent patch GW mostly had 2 or so planets so it had a 50/50 chance to be occupied or empty.

Now it's 100% sure you always land on an occupied planet. Even if there are 2 or more planets.

Maybe it's just me asking but simply said, this killed all the fun as I enjoyed GW a lot.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

And you didn't feel stupid posting this?
    ace63, Ksgrip, crizmess and 4 others like this.
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Yeah, crap like that is why I tend to not play multiplayer games.
  6. stuart98

Seems unlikely unless there are no spawns on the other planet. Are you simply only given one planet to spawn on? I don't know how much control GW modders have over system generation, but I imagine the best they can do is restore the chance if it is indeed gone. Don't expect much though; modding the galactic war is a pain in the *** and devoid of reward.

I get annoyed by people complaining about not reaching the potential of a multiplayer centric game when they're only playing singleplayer.

Sorry if I came off as overly harsh OP.

I've heard that there's a bug in galactic war system generation ATM where the wrong difficulty setting is used to generate the system, so this might go away next patch anyway. Speaking of next patch, asteroids are coming so that you can have more annihilating. :)
  7. Swatti

Swatti Member

Here's hoping GW gets fixed into easily moddable one day.

Till this is fixed I'l just wait for patches.

No fun for me now.
  8. igncom1

GW is easily moddable, it written in java script.
  9. Swatti

Swatti Member

Why are most ppl saying it's hard and crashy?
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Because they don't know how to play and they forget to update their graphics drivers. Also those people who think it is easy and stable don't post about that in the forums.
  11. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

I think you may have missed the context xD
    stuart98 and cola_colin like this.
  12. Swatti

Swatti Member

What some MODDERS say when trying to make mods for it. Supposedly gets crashy then.

Well, if it aint, someone try to make this mod pls. Theres a whole lot of other things one could fit in GW, real "charter progression" and supcom2 style unit upgrades "not fit for competitive MP" but overall a simple "fun" for SP campaign
  13. stuart98

Modding the galactic war metagame should be trivial.

But translating that into ingame stuff leads to crashes without discernible reason.
  14. igncom1

^ Yep.

I could easily mod GW to do a great many thing, but that is only modifying the current set up, not implementing a whole new one!

Even if that's the kind of field of work I am trying to get into, that still kinda eclipses my ability.

But there are real life wizards on the internet, they can help you.