Replay not launching, Disconnecting from server

Discussion in 'Support!' started by b8factor, January 16, 2015.

1. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

So I have this problem often... long games (this one 109 minutes) but I am not sure I have ever posted the problem so here it goes.

Replay 10605291999894275759 I have tried to load 7 times... no go. Is there some work around to attempt to load a long replay?

I have a brand new gaming system with 32Gb ram and my internet is 50 Down 5 Up. Assuming that should be sufficient... not sure where the problem lies?
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Workaround:
    To watch the replay you need some hackery. There is a time-out value in the file" <PA Install Dir>/media/ui/main/game/replay_loading/replay_loading.js" that is too low and causes an unnecessary abort. In the function "self.heartbeat", change the time-out from 5000 to 50000000, then the replay loading will work. Be prepared to wait a long time though.

Actually, I just made the whole heartbeatfail function empty so it will never abort, but the above should work as an easier solution.
    b8factor likes this.
  3. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

This worked beautifylly! Thanks! I was able to load replays, no matter how long the replay or how long back they were. THANKS SO MUCH!

PS this is what you two need.
    @corgiarmy
    @gameg1rl
    gameg1rl likes this.
  4. Azarath

Azarath Member

I'm also having difficulties playing replays.

I got the message "Connection to server lost" so I tried to change the number from 5000 to 50000000 but then I got "Connection to server rejected".
    Mods are enabled, but I don't think that is causing the problem
  5. DeathByDenim

Rejected? That's new... Does that happen for all replays or only a specific one? If it's a specific one, what's the lobby ID? I'll give it a try too then.
  6. Azarath

Azarath Member

It happened to all the replays. Two in total.
    But I just got it to work and I have no idea how I did it.

This is what I did.
    To change the number from 5000 to 50000000 got me "Connection to server rejected"
    I change it back to 5000, the game freezes and crashes.
    Remove the numbers completely, the replays loads for all eternity. (At least 10 minutes before I lost patience)
    And now I changed it back to 50000000 to see if I still got server rejected but now it loads both replays in a few seconds.

I'm confused
  7. DeathByDenim

It may just have been a server hiccup. You shouldn't get "rejected" ever.

I'm not surprised the replay loads forever if you remove the number completely by the way. You have just created invalid JavaScript syntax and thus scripts stop running entirely, i.e. nothing will happen anymore.