Replay functionality?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by zaphodx, June 24, 2013.

1. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Any idea of timescales when replays will be available to watch and share?
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

When it's done.
  3. Causeless

Causeless Member

That's literally the worst response you can give someone. It's just passive aggressive unneedingly, and on top of that it adds no new knowledge to the table whatsoever. Why speak when you have nothing to say?

I suspect they should come around about the time we get to make games on our own servers. The actual replay/save code seems to be nearly done, I suspect we just need access to the replay files and a way to play them out of a live game.
  4. BulletMagnet

There is no explicit or rigid timetable.

Uber doesn't work that way. They implement/patch things according to their own internal priorities. And they take precisely as long as is needed.

You'll always get a dumb answer from me when it's impossible to give a sensible one.
  5. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Yes, I was just hoping an Uber staff member might say yes, soon - we are actually working on this now, or no this is planned for late alpha (or similar).
  6. Causeless

Causeless Member

That's not the point. He asked for an estimate, so either give him one based on logical evidence, or don't say anything.
  7. BulletMagnet

What happens when zaphodx asks again, because nobody answered the first time?

And you think my response was the worst one someone can give?
    Last edited: June 24, 2013
  8. revancakes

revancakes Member

I have to agree, if there is no time table normally from them then the sensible thing to do is to clarify that when it's done is when it's done.
  9. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Well, chrono cam is pretty much functional at this point, so they prolly just have other stuff, like mex points and building collision, to worry about first.

Honestly, I wouldn't hold your breath for a lot of (extra) features till shortly before beta.
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Don't forget that the "replay file" is on the server, which we don't have access to yet. I imagine that User access to such files is fairly low priority compared to making the game......work and all that.

Mike