Release Build: 71937

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 11, 2014.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

It's been a few days since we hit 1.0, but we're still hard at work, adding polish, fixing bugs as we find em - or you in our community report them! Keep playing, keep reporting - on the forums, on Steam, on reddit - what's working, what you're loving, what you're not loving quite so much, and we'll keep making it better and more awesome.

Thanks all!

Build Notes:

AI: Fix for AIs that start on other planets by themselves not doing much. Improved how the AI determines it is alone on a planet. (should be much faster)
    AI: AI neural net update.
    AI: AI econ adjustment.

Client: Fix some texture size restrictions (e.g. the nuke scorch decal) to save approximately 300MB to 400MB of GPU memory (and a corresponding amount of CPU memory too).

Gameplay: Fix for start location generation getting into an infinite loop when there isn't enough pathable area on a planet.
    Gameplay: Fix for radar structures never being active if they were built while the army's energy was stalled too far.
    Gameplay: Fix for orbital units not being able to do certain area commands on gas giants.
    Gameplay: Fix for trees and structures still visible after planet destroyed.

Localization: Lots of changes and additions to localization. If you want to help the community localization, please check out: http://www.getlocalization.com/PALocalization/

Memory: Limit CSG and planet textures to 1024x1024 maximum (saving up to 200MB of graphics memory and 200MB of system memory, or 400MB of memory on integrated graphics on a large game with multiple biomes).

UI: A number of fixes to startup flow; you shouldn't be able to skip past the Steam / PlayFab linking now, galactic war video will no long auto play, and a few others.
    Vernam7, EdWood, Murcanic and 11 others like this.
  2. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

got a new radar bug tho, if you deactivate while you have no power then it wont find enemy markers when you reactivate it, images are on the pte post of this version
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Uber, i would like to say that i'm glad you guys are taking this release well and i really hope this doesn't turn out like BF4. With this patch though, it shows you are better than EA and DICE, thanks for that. I'm really glad you guys are squashing these bugs so quickly.
    drz1, moreez and Remy561 like this.
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Yup, have a bug filed on it. Should be fixed in next build.
    thetrophysystem, Clopse and Remy561 like this.
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Schulti and Remy561 like this.
  6. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

cool glad to hear it, just to say the bug happens on t1, t2 and orbital deep space radar, orbital layer radars works fine XD

keep up the great work
  7. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Does the galactic war video still play the first time?

Yay for the number of Steam issues going away! :D

Great job guys! Seems like Sorian's busy preparing the AI to make us cry again!
    Remy561 likes this.
  8. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

At last, the AI won't give up when it's alone! :D
    Always nice to see some optimizing stuff too, overall nice build.
  9. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Ehh the AI is kinda flaky in multi-planet conflicts.

Uses nukes well enough, but doesn't develop it's colony's very well, doesn't move it's com to expansion bases when threatened.

And no gas giant utilization.

But I'll bite my tongue till I observe a single planet conflict, AI current rating: Absurd, Normal, Relentless, Hard.
  10. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

There is still some patrol issues with avengers when you send them too other planets, they just sit there when you give them the patrol order.
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Size of build 71729: 2.30 GB (2,479,211,934 bytes)
    Size of build 71937: 1.66 GB (1,786,071,816 bytes)

Nice :)
    Remy561, cdrkf and MCXplode like this.
  12. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

Game is a lot more enjoyable now on my 4gb machine :)
    Last edited: September 11, 2014
    cdrkf, Remy561 and drz1 like this.
  13. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

Great to hear the ai is getting better ^^ and some things are getting fixed :) does anyone know if the craters caused by smashing a planet still kill everything that flys or moves into them instantly is fixed?
  14. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Great build!
    Note: If I tell an orbital fabricator to build on another planet a teleporter it won't move to the other planet and build it. It builds on the same (wrong planet). It is necessary to issue a move command first for some reason to the other planet first then build a teleporter. :(
    thelordofthenoobs and FSN1977 like this.
  15. wondible

wondible Post Master General

PA#3784

Although when first reported, teleporters would not build at all in this situation.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  16. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the into, seems fixing this bug would fix the one I had not long ago
  17. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I can confirm this. It has been that way for awhile now. I always issue a move command followed by a shift-command that I want once it is there as a work around.
    FSN1977 likes this.
  18. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Yep, looks like the same one.
  19. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Got a minor AI bug in my support commander.
    Situation: GW Uber size, Relentless AI
    Tech: Vehicle Commander, Advanced Vehciles, Advanced Air, Support Commander.
    Lobby ID: 357465800189211154

Note: AI seems to be unaware that if lacks basic Air tech, going for Air Factory first (despite having no fighters), but also not building any T2 Air units from the advanced Air Factory.

I spawned on the same planet as one enemy, while the 2nd foe and my AI ally spawned alone.
    My ally spawned in water, and he opnened with Air Factory and some econ.
    He then even build a land factory, Orbital launcehr and a few more metal spots. then Advanced air.

And then he just stopped grabbig anything on his planet. Indeed he came over to mine and grab Mex spots there rather then grabbing the ones on his planet, despite still having his two air fabbers. He never even realised the enemy had landed on his planet (slightly out of radar range).
    Not even when I engaged the enemy on his planet did he react. Instead he send his commander to the remaining enemy planet. In a Astreus. Despite half a dozen orbital fighters being around that planet and clearly visible on orbital radar.
    He got past the orbital layer and to his engiener building a teleport beachhead. Only to be compeltely oblitterated by enemy T1+T2 Airforce. Without even activating the finished teleporter.

Hope that helps improoving it further.
  20. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

The galactic war video welcome (then one with Brad) shouldn't play in the background with the intro video... you should still be able to play it through the video list on the right.

The galactic war intro video should still play when you start a new galactic war.
    Remy561 and websterx01 like this.