Release Build: 71544

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 3, 2014.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

The launch edition of the game includes a number of upgrades, including enhancements to both single-player and multiplayer. It will also include two new features: resource-rich gas giants and the "Annihilaser," a celestial laser of doom that obliterates planets with each tremendous blast.

As a thank you to our generous backers and early access supporters, we're giving you all access to these features shortly via a game update.

Thank you again for all your support throughout development. We're thrilled to deliver on our vision for an RTS with massive scale and even more massive battles, easy-to-use tools, and incredible moments. We can't wait to show you what's next.

Patch Notes:

AI: Improve the AI's handling of Gas Giants.

Annihilazer: the metal planet can now target planets with active thrusters.

Bug: Fix for crash when a unit is on the final leg of a celestial move to a planet that gets smashed.

Chat: Disabled the keyboard capture stack handling in live game.
    Chat: Breaks due to capturing more than it releases due to being inside of the computed without current capture state tracking

Gameplay: Fix for being unalbe to set an orbital factory or orbital launcher rally point on a gas giant.

Lobby: Maximum length limit for the lobby name.

UI: fixed a bug with planetary weapon control alert logic.
    UI: you can now join an army after leaving a shared army (since the selectedCommander function will now always return a well formed object). also fixes the preferred commander logic.
    UI: shared armies will only use a single color. players (except the first player in an army) will give up their color when they join a shared army.

[BALANCE]

Gunship: Health: 240 -> 300
    Commander: AA Weapon: RoF: 2 -> 1, no AoE.
    Nukes: Cost: 60000 -> 50000
    Booms Damage: 250 -> 700
    Remy561, Fr33Lancer, optimi and 3 others like this.
  2. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Does this mean we can area patrol avengers on Gas Giants now?

Yay! (Still might be a bit too pricey, but yay!)

Did you guys fix the friendly fire issue that sorian looked into after Custard mentioned it? ("Even the bugs have bugs" :p)
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Actually it's was possible in prior version, but with number of glitches.
  4. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Any chance of getting the pathing bug fixed before release?
    Talking about this one:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/problems-with-pathing-and-obstacles-with-screenshot.62909/
    It's really annoying when units don't manage to steer clear of even such obvious obstacles on a regular base.

Doesn't happen every time, but still often enough. And when it happens, every movement command issued in the next few seconds has the same bug.

Smaller obstacles like mexes are even ignored on a far more frequent base. AI also suffers from this bug frequently as half of a platoon gets stuck and the other half barely dodges the obstacle and runs away.
  5. garat

We're still working on area commands on gas giants. They're still a bit wonky.
    Remy561, EdWood, Clopse and 1 other person like this.
  6. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Hate to sound like a broken record in all these. But the radar? Also any idea what causes planes to stop mid air. Noticed it happened in a moon for the first time. Happens a lot over tress and lumpy ground.
    EdWood likes this.
  7. enderdude

enderdude Member

question... does a PTE change log exist and will one ever exist?
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Just want to say I just tried to load one pre-saved 1300 meters (everything default, with maximal possible seed) earth planet and I have 3 server crashes (back to menu) in row on EUWest, but once I changed to USCentral it's loaded fine.

I usually spawn games on large planets and it's never caused issues before.
  9. moreez

moreez New Member

Orbital units: area patrol broken, works only if issued for the whole planet, otherwise all units just stop
  10. jendrykgaming

jendrykgaming Member

Patrol for air units still seems to be a bit broken for me. They'll patrol at first, but once something flies in and gets attacked, they'll kill it and land, requiring a new patrol to be set.

Also, server disconnection at 9 minutes in a 1v1 game vs. AI with 3 small planets, 2 gas giants. Two air patrols and maybe 150 units. Last time I had a server disconnect was a few months ago, I think. Didn't happen in last build, although the lag was just as bad in that one.

i5 2500k
    560 Ti
    16GB RAM
    Win64 Pro
  11. garat

Been this way since introduced. I mention above all area commands are being worked on. :) Better to repeat than miss mentioning, however! So thanks!
  12. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Does the planes not stop when they encounter the enemy and that unit dies?
  13. moreez

moreez New Member

Yes. But i thought you're talking only about Gas Giant issues. Anyway. Keep on the uber work.
  14. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

No its in just a normal move command, iusually happens at the worst possible time, like bombers been chased by fighters
    EdWood likes this.
  15. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Oh ok, good to know. Did not see that happend, will pay attention to that as well.
  16. garat

Ah yah.. It is related, but good point. :) I missed the distinction in your post.
  17. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Does this also mean units don't disappear into the void if they are on their way to a planet that get's death lasered? I had someone's commander become invulnerable and stuck somewhere in the last patch. Couldn't end the game.
  18. Qaar

Qaar Member

EU West server seems to be running fine now :)
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It probably is totally random. Like I just had a testgame vs AI with very few units overall and it run fine for the most part. Then it suddenly broke down, just to be better a while later again.
  20. Qaar

Qaar Member

Yeah at the start it was running smooth vs AI, i was playing Galactic War.

But afther like 10 min it's getting more choppy, till unplayable.

Game stats update:

Server = 1.0 fps @ around 992 msec till 1 sec
    Sim = 0.5 till 11.2 fps @ 113 msec till 1.15 sec

Screenshots:

2014-09-03_00002.jpg 2014-09-03_00001.jpg
    Last edited: September 3, 2014