[REL] XPlosion

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Alpha2546, November 12, 2014.

1. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I'll just keep the mods coming :p .

This mod has the same effects as CPlosion except it has no teamcolouring in it.

Now I still have no idea what kind of colour I should give the XPlosion in orbital so I gave those a blue and light blueish colour. If you have any ideas about it please let me know!

Some pictures
    XPL1.jpg
    XPL2.jpg

It'll be on PAMM in a few hours.

Attached Files:

Planktum and trojans like this.
  2. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

You the best m8
    Planktum and Alpha2546 like this.
  3. Alpha2546

Updated this mod to V2.

• Removed the dox file to match the new stable build
    • Fixed an annoying light ray bug.
    • removed the vehicle file to avoid conflicts with the PA-FX mod
    Planktum likes this.
  4. Alpha2546

I'm gonna update this one pretty soon things that will change are:

• The XPlosion are going to be change so that they fit with the explosion size of dox and other units. Right now the XPlosion. are too low and too wide.
    • Orbital will get the same upgrade as in the CPlosion one except without the teamcolouring ofcourse.
    • Gonna fix a bug that might make the game crash just like CPlosion.

Not sure when it'll get out. Might be this weekend. I do have a question for people who are using this though. What kinda of colour should the orbital XPlosions get. The same yellow or just keep the dark blueish colour and remove the green one. I'm personnaly not really liking the colour combo at the moment. Any ideas about it? @Planktum @optimi

Thanks!
  5. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Can you make substantially different explosions for the different units? If you could, that would be sweet!
    Planktum likes this.
  6. Alpha2546

This is possible however its a lot of work (because you need to make an effect for every individual unit).
    emraldis likes this.
  7. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

True. Though I think for many units you can use rescaled versions of similar units explosions. I guess what I mean is can you make the air-explosions different from the ground ones and the normal air ones, and can you make tank explosions different from bot explosions, and building explosions different from unit explosions? And I mean noticeably different.
    Planktum likes this.
  8. Alpha2546

Yes this is thankfully possible

Right now the explosion are defined in this way:

pa/effects/specs/default_explosion.pfx = land units like tanks and bots have the default explosions.
    pa/effects/specs/default__building_explosion.pfx = contains building explosion.
    pa/effects/specs/default_orbital_explosion.pfx = orbital explosion.
    pa/units/air/missile_nuke/missile_nuke_implosion.pfx = all air units.

Now all units have a death animation defined in there specific json files ( or in the base_units file) with a path to one of the pfx files above.

An example of the air scout.json. Under the section events it defines the event died.
    "died": {
    "audio_cue": "/SE/Death/Air",
    "effect_spec": "/pa/units/air/missile_nuke/missile_nuke_implosion.pfx",
    "effect_scale": 0.35
    }

You need to alter the path of the effect_spec to a different pfx file to give it a different effect. This is if you want to give a specific unit its own effect.

If you want to have different explosion between bots and tanks. then you'll need to edit all the bot_.json files and give it a different path like /pa/effect/specs/default_bot_explosion.pfx .

I wouldn't advise to do this at the moment. If Ubers gonna change up the balance then you'll need to reedit all the json files after the update and push this to pamm as soon as possible (or else people gonna think its a bug). though if you'll do this serverside ( orbital overhaul). You don't have that problem.
    emraldis likes this.
  9. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

I've actually started using the CPlosion mod for now. I may change back to XPlosion at some point though.
    Can you post a video of the XPlosion effects and I will give you my opinion on colours.

I agree with @emraldis "substantially different explosions for the different units" would be sweet!
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  10. Alpha2546

Did the same thing to this as to CPlosion. Thought this mod needs a lot more luv so I'm hoping to get a new version out this weekend. We'll see how it goes. Might interfere with the new update for now!
  11. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

What changes have you made?
  12. Alpha2546

Nothing at the moment. Put it offline to avoid weird things happening with the new build.
  13. Alpha2546

XPlosion mod has been updated so yeay time for party :D. The effects are similiar to Cplosion mod but ofcourse non teamcoloured.

@MrTBSC
    optimi likes this.
  14. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

party with xplosions is best party ;)
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  15. Alpha2546

Updated to the latest build :) . Enjoy!
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. Alpha2546

Gave it the same update like Cplosion to create compatibility with the naval trails. Enjoy!
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  17. jackburton176

jackburton176 Member

I was building something. before it finished building it moved my fabbers to something else. When it exploded the planet and everything on it turned white. This is not the first time this has happened. but its the first time It I noticed what triggered it. Most of the time the game starts with the whole planet white. pushing F5 to refresh the UI doesnt fix this.

Thoughts?

Questions?
  18. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Update your graphics drivers.
  19. Alpha2546

Something like this?

[​IMG]

If so update your drivers to the latest release. If you don't know how to then I recommend opening up a topic in the support section.

Good luck!