[REL][v61450] Circle to Line build mode

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by zaphodx, December 20, 2013.

1. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Changes all the circle builds to line build (metal+energy storage)

Download from PAMM.
    Last edited: February 21, 2014
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

why not use the New modding system to shadow the files without altering the originals? :)
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Eh this will do for now, link me it and I'll do it.
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

On my phone, but look in the mod changes sticky, page 2 I think. Or wait for v3 of PAMM which should be done soon, which can handle those mods :)
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Ah wait, i don't think shadowing was working for non-UI files yet :(
  6. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

I've re-packaged this mod to use the "new" mods folder and shadow these files in. To determine the location of the new mods folder on your system type (Win/Mac/Linux), please refer to:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/beta-mod-changes.51520/

Look at the first post, for MOD Home.
    You may need to create the 'mods' directory itself, but will only ever need to do that once.

To install this version of the mod, simply unzip in that "new" mods directory. This will now persist across updates (which is probably bad, in this particular case), so remember to check up on this at the next patch update. It's likely the need for this will have been supplanted, and files changed.

From that point of view, the original mod strategy is probably better in this case, since it's anticipated to be a short-term fix. But I'll publish this alternative version anyway now that I've already done it, it's so easy, and it can be a working useful example of the new mod system, for folks to reference.

Attached Files:

7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

8. dfanz0r

dfanz0r Active Member

No that i think has always worked. The issue is that we cant access non-UI files from coherent.
    Raevn likes this.
  9. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

That was my understanding as well.
  10. dfanz0r

dfanz0r Active Member

Actually i just did a test. And i am able to load other files into the ui just fine someone must have been doing it wrong loool

But i am refering to the resource with coui://

ill make a post in the beta mod changes thread about it.

I hadnt actually ever tried myself until just now, i just took the dev's word for it and the other user whom said it didnt work.

edit:

yeah it seems to be a bug that only happens when using relitave paths. So refering to the file directly with the coui:// address works fine.
    Last edited: December 21, 2013
  11. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Seeing as it is really only a temporary fix until Uber implement it properly, is there anything wrong with the down and dirty method?
  12. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

Nope; nothing wrong with that plan at all, and it's probably better for most.

After repackaging this to use the new mod mechanism, I even had doubts about uploading it (and commented as such in the post where I uploaded it). I posted it anyway since I'd already done the work, and well, someone needs to get the ball rolling on the new mod model.

I use the new model for all my mods now, and while it's an awkward combination of old + new currently, due to the single file limitation of the ui_mod_list.js file, char acknowledged as much while warning of the impending launcher changes that will effectively make this awkward step-phase necessary (unless they make another change prior to the launcher implementation - which is not committed).

My hope was that others would see how trivially easy it is to implement, really.
  13. stormingkiwi

Excellent. In that case I'll fix player colour fab shader.
  14. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

stormingkiwi likes this.
  15. PrinceAAwe

PrinceAAwe Member

yea sorry for my ignorance but Storm what do u mean ur gonna fix the fab shader?
  16. stormingkiwi

You know that beautiful mod someone did?

But it's not compatible with PAMM, and it's not a popular mod in game streams.

Despite being really superficial?

I can't remember what its actually called. Haven't searched the forum for it either, but was planning to make it compatible with PAMM; all credit to the original modder.
  17. PrinceAAwe

PrinceAAwe Member

yea i know that mod i use it and really like it would be awesome if it was compatable with PAMM so i dont have to change the files every patch lol
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The rainbow shader?
  19. stormingkiwi

The rainbow shader maybe.... it takes the fabricator shader and makes it player colour, instead of green.

Just bumped the thread.

@PrinceAAwe
    Ok.

When I said "I'd fix the mod"

I meant "I'll do my best". But progress wasn't happening. SO I bowed to proeleert's superior knowledge. he has apparently done the conversion.

What a dude.
    Last edited: December 28, 2013
  20. k3n58

k3n58 Member

Would be a great feature to have a toggle in the UI settings built-in "Circle vs. Line".

Thanks Zaphod
    stormingkiwi likes this.