[REL] Stuff Overview

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by sootn, July 20, 2014.

1. sootn

sootn New Member

Hi. This is my first mod and I would love to see it to good use by others of the community. It displays an overview of all units and buildings you currently have control. I hope to add more features in the future, like selection, health, spectator support and stuff under construction, but Ubers api's are limited and these features are not possible yet.

Install though PAMM as Stuff Overview
    Code on github.com/sootn/PA-Mod-Stuff-Overview
    Contributions are welcome

Capture.PNG
  2. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

This could be a really useful mod but it was giving me all sorts of problems today. I had 1 game where all my textures went black and another where i lost the ability to drag select, both times I had to close PA and reconnect to get things working again. Perhaps it was conflicting with another mod, here is what I have installed.

mods.jpg
  3. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I don't think that that was caused by a mod, I've had the same issue on standard PA.
  4. sootn

sootn New Member

I don't think you need ko deferred anymore. That could cause trouble.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  5. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

Ok cheers, I'll try a few AI games later on and see if that is the problem.
  6. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Do you plan on getting this to work with the latest builds? I think that this mod provides some interesting information. Sometimes the unit stats in PAStats are off a bit, so it would be nice to see this back in game again. If it included information on each factory type, and allowed you to select each unit/factory type (holding shift could allow for multiple selections), then it would become more than just interesting, but very useful in game as well.
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Does this work for spectators when they switch to player vision?

*Edit*
    Just realized how old this mod it. I guess I never noticed it before. I would really like to see it back in the game.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Would not be hard to do, but please use the alertsManager from PA Stats to do it ^^

EDIT:
    I don't think spectators get player alerts, so no.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  9. sootn

sootn New Member

It must have stoped working in the last patch then, because I used it like a week ago. Yes the Alerts manager was in bad shape when I created this. I just copied it, updating the mod should be easy. As long as alert managers api is still the same. I'll put it on my list.

Violent mind, I like your grouping idea. I should implement that. Selection would be awesome, but the api is hard to manage right now. Hopefully uber will fix that for more official mod support in the future.

Well spectators get alertboxes so probably it could separate units by team. Would be nice for casters.
    cola_colin likes this.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Use this one: http://pastats.com/mod/live/lib/alertsManager.js

The api should be the same as back then
  11. sootn

sootn New Member

Just tried it today. It works in the latest patch. Will see when I get time to improve on it.
  12. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Confirmed that it works. ;)