[REL][SERVER/BALANCE] The Community UberBalance v1.0

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by mered4, July 29, 2014.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Ladies and gentlemen,
    I present to you the balance fix that tests certain community suggestions in regards to specific units.
    Currently, the mod covers the following:
    Overpowered Vanguard
    Overpowered Sheller
    Underpowered Dox
    Nuclear Missile cost fix
    Anti-Nuke and Nuclear Missile Balance (Cost)

Next priority:

None! Suggest one!

The changes are listed in this document:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-AvBb9hT23Coqo88DccszRJ5OLQ0XVYAsV8294DDZxQ

Changes applied are in black. Proposed changes are in red.
    Attached the mod below. Please help us test this. I've already received tons of positive feedback from the Realm about the changes already made. I want to hear your opinion.

NOTE: This is a release of the mod - but it is constantly under development as the needs of the Vanilla UberBalance change. Hopefully this will help Scathis and his balance advisor, Meta, realize that our suggestions aren't crazy :)
    Link to the latest version:
    https://github.com/Stuart1998/Community-Uber-Balance.git

Thanks to @stuart98 for putting this into the game files and teaching me how :)
    Last edited: July 30, 2014
    vorell255 and emraldis like this.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Naval.

If I solely suggest anything, it will make it statera naval, which isn't entirely bad if you think about it.

For combat, I suggest small speed buff for current ship class naval, introduction to new naval as standard raiding class speed and damage and health, and stat adjustment at your discretion. For ships, also I recommend a balanced off naval combat fabber, the Sub Fabber currently gets no use. That would make ships hardy, and combat boats quick to react and easy to swarm and cheap to produce like land army.

For fabrication, make it as fast as bot fabbers, as efficient as land fabbers, as much armor as vehicle fabbers, twice the fabrication range to make up for naval units long range and for building on shoreline, and factories also follow suit for equal efficiency fabrication or more efficient if anything.

Also, naval has interaction with commander and slammers now, but commander is OP on water so possible adjust.

Also, make naval units teleportable. Consider making all or some astraeus-able as well.
    Last edited: July 29, 2014
  3. mered4

Specifics.
    I was suggested this in Teamspeak, but I'm still figuring out where to start. What do you think is wrong with the current UberBalance?
  4. thetrophysystem

Read my edit then. Still might edit it even more.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

No new units.

We're making as few changes as we can in this.
    brianpurkiss, cptconundrum and mered4 like this.
  6. thetrophysystem

Then go back to old vanilla balance, but with better fabrication. So basically, statera fabrication and factory efficiency, which is basically the equivalent to the best part of other fabricators. And the ships move at least speed of 12, which is close to vehicles I believe?

If I had to choose giving the sunfish a cannon or not, I would at least give it 1 cannon from the 2 or 3 the orca has, I forget which, but it would be the best if the sunfish had a weapon and moved between the speeds of tank and bot. Maybe 16?

I forgot the narwahl was t1 in vanilla lol, derpy me. Either make that raiding class, which means increase it's speed to the scouts and buff it's non-air weapon... Or leave it alone as dedicated AA and increase its speed and lower it's cost.

Thats a very basic approach considering it just changes numbers (besides referencing an existing weapon to another unit borrowing it, I.E. sunfish mounts orca cannon as "tool")
    Last edited: July 29, 2014
    mered4 likes this.
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

For naval, we mainly need to get rid of wrecks until Uber makes wrecks sink.
    mered4 likes this.
  8. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

My two cents on nukes and how to balance them:
    What needs balance is not the nuke but the anti nuke.

U can make nukes cheap again.

My idea make the anti nuke base more expensive, with more build power but the missiles themselves cheaper. Increase the anti-nuke range significantly.

Why these changes?

U get punished for neglecting to protect your base against nukes, but, once the defense is built, it is hard to use nukes against you. The increased cost of the structure of the anti nuke makes it expensive and so must be protected at all costs since it doesn't have a lot less redundancy. It adds a major target for surgical strikes. Why more build power? cause this should be one of those things u build and forget no need to add 20 fabbers around it for it to work properly. Making nukes important again but not a viable choice to win every game.

One thing u might need to add is a increased stock for anti-nuke missiles since they will be protecting a bigger area or just compensate with the increased build power.
    mered4 likes this.
  9. mered4

So, to slim this down:

Increase cost of Anti-Nuke Launcher
    Make the missiles cheap and/or easy to build by the Launcher.
    Larger Range.

Makes spamming them harder, but makes protecting the one area easier.

I like this one. Definitely worth trying out.
    LmalukoBR likes this.
  10. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

The REL folder is pointless. Don't store your "releases" inside your git repository, github provide you everything you need to do that.
  11. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

I would be interested to hear the reasoning behind these changes, including how you came out with the final changes.

Also, I had a quick look at the mod. You only need to keep the files that you actually changed.
  12. mered4

I said this to Stuart, I'm not sure if he finished doing so. I want this to be as light as we can make it so folks don't have to go through a ton of hassle to try it out.

I'll explain! Over Teamspeak. :D
  13. mered4

Added the following changes:

Sheller Nerfed (for real this time). Doxen have been adjusted, and no longer can be effectively microed. (it's still possible, ofc, but not worth your time).

ANuke has been adjusted to: 10k upfront, -250m, -20000e, per a suggestion in this thread. :)

Haven't seen alot of nukes built - more spam than anything.
  14. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

Just had an idea for the vanguard too:
    I think of the vanguard as the equivalent of a battering ram, it should wreck buildings when it gets close, it should be able to take a lot of punishment. IMO all u have to do to fix it is remove or greatly reduce the AoE, maybe reduce a bit on rate of fire and, or turnrate. No need to change on the damage or cost. It would immediately become ineffective as a crowd stomper, but if you let it get to your base you are fu*** as u should be.
  15. mered4

Right now, I'm basing all the T2 Vehicles around the idea of high Alpha damage, low sustained DPS. The vanguard (in the mod) is currently better at dealing with armies of T1 tanks than buildings, which is fantastic. It also means getting them in your base isn't the end of the world anymore. (Thank God).

That last sentence is why they are OP - they wreck everything, so if given the chance to get in your base they will win the game for your opponent.
  16. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

I am under the impression that this mod is here to fix the most glaring balance issues in vanilla game play, and not to branch off into into something else.

If this mod wants to reach its goal (to influence the vanilla balance), then it shouldn't go around reworking units unless they are completely and utterly broken.
    towerbabbel and mered4 like this.
  17. mered4

Absolutely. This is why I'm using the leveler as a base for the T2 Vehicle balance.
  18. towerbabbel

towerbabbel Active Member

The most glaring balance problem in naval (besides the wrecks not sinking thing) is the Sun Fish, aka The Naval Unit Everyone Forgot, aka The Naval Scout.

I never see anyone use this thing! I think the best thing to do with it would be to buff it so that it can serve as a raiding unit as well, not only scout. Sort of like a naval Dox. Probably cutting the cost and a buff to the damage would do it.
  19. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Gameplay video with the balance mod. :)